ggghhhghggghhh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
how do people revise english language and literature, i am doing AQA and i am trying to achieve a grade 9? Also where can i find grade 9 notes? thanks for any help
anony2307
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ggghhhghggghhh)
how do people revise english language and literature, i am doing AQA and i am trying to achieve a grade 9? Also where can i find grade 9 notes? thanks for any help
youtube videos are helpful - try channels such as mr salles and mr bruff.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
the aqa website should have some exemplars. if not, you should email your teacher for some.
best way to revise for lang is exam practice questions, wider reading of a range of texts and flashcards for key terminology.
english lit- notes on themes and characters. include some stuff about methods too. flashcards for quotes are good. practice plenty of exam questions and hand them to your teacher for feedback.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Best English revision tips that I used for A level:
- practice essays
- practice annotating different sections
- detailed essay plans that include which moment from the book you're mainly going to focus on in each paragraph, any context you'll put in, any moments you might link in briefly and your general link to the question
- read the book at least 4 times before the exam (in total - once before studying it, once together as a class, once over the summer maybe and once in the weeks coming up to the exam)
- make flashcards for each character/ theme/ key setting which include key moments from the text and 5-7 keywords to show how they're presented in the text (this is basically an essay plan - the keywords are your points for PEE type paragraphs!)

There were a few other techniques I used for A level, but these were the most helpful for GCSE, I think and make good notes in class, remember!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (726)
33.81%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (407)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (94)
4.38%

Watched Threads