Hyphnes
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello all.
I am about to enter my first year at college and I am wanting to take art a-level. However, I did not take it at GCSE (something I very much regretted) and although I'm not bad im not a brilliant artist by any stretch of the imagination either.
Ive seen a similar post already however one crucial point was missing. My choice of career path absolutely requires art and I am passionate about it. Does this change anything or is it still a bad idea? If it is a bad idea doea anyone know of other art qualifications I can obtain that will hold the same level of esteem?
Many thanks all.
Nevi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Check the entry req for the place you are applying to.

Most places don’t need GCSE Art to do A Level art anyway.

GCSE art is useless and all grades were pretty much based on barely qualified biased teacher opinion at secondary school. A level is much better, you won’t have missed anything 😂
m.s0
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i’m doing a level art and i didn’t do the gcse too. idk how your school would make you go through the process, in mine i had to do some sketches of still life and show the art teacher. she told me that i can join but i would have so much catching up to do. honestly if you love art then it’s not a bad idea and i think that you should definitely try to get into art a level.
art a level has to be done a certain way so get familiar with the mark scheme/assessment objectives so you get the hang of it. i did dt gcse so it was confusing at first
overall i think that not applying for art would be a missed opportunity; you should definitely do art if you are willing to put the time in and if you’re passionate about it!
good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.06%
No - I have already returned home (21)
13.04%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (35)
21.74%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.47%

Watched Threads