username5135644
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i’m going into year 13 and i do A level Sociology, French and English Language. the problem is i wasn’t thinking about career paths when choosing my subjects and i can’t decide what degree i want to do. i was thinking of doing nutrition as i like the idea of becoming a dietitian but i’m pretty sure you need science a levels for that. my other options would probably be law or psychology. does anyone have any advice? i feel really lost tbh :/
Deisosospiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lmao162)
i’m going into year 13 and i do A level Sociology, French and English Language. the problem is i wasn’t thinking about career paths when choosing my subjects and i can’t decide what degree i want to do. i was thinking of doing nutrition as i like the idea of becoming a dietitian but i’m pretty sure you need science a levels for that. my other options would probably be law or psychology. does anyone have any advice? i feel really lost tbh :/
Do law or business. They’re both quite safe degrees. Don’t do psychology or sociology. Maybe a politics degree aswell?
username5135644
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Deisosospiw)
Do law or business. They’re both quite safe degrees. Don’t do psychology or sociology. Maybe a politics degree aswell?
what kinda things do you learn about with a politics degree? and what are the job prospects? i think i’m straying towards law or politics but i want to make sure i’m 100% interested in what i’m studying
laj61048
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
With becoming a dietitian, you can always do a one year foundation degree at university and then go onto doing either a nutrition or dietetics degree! I know that you can do this at Cardiff met but not sure about other unis, but just because you didn't choose the right a levels doesn't mean you can't do certain degrees!
laj61048
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
With becoming a dietitian, you can always do a one year foundation degree at university and then go onto doing either a nutrition or dietetics degree! I know that you can do this at Cardiff met but not sure about other unis, but just because you didn't choose the right a levels doesn't mean you can't do certain degrees!
r.dd
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Have you considered a Languages/Lingustics degree? you could further develop your French and maybe pick up another language from scratch. Its a very enjoyable degree that can be further developed and tailored to desired job prospects. e.g doing a short law conversion to become a lawyer (a lawyer with a knowledge of multiple languages and cultures of course)

- hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads