The Student Room Group

Including A level grades on CV

Quick question about A-level grades:

A lot of the places I apply to clearly don't care about my A-levels or GCSE marks now that I have done my degree, however a few places still ask for A-levels which is why I'm asking this question.

In my A-levels I got A*AAC. The C is just because I didn't get on well with my subject at the time and that's the grade I got - no extenuating circumstances for it. My question is would you put all your a levels on your CV in my case? Is it 'bad' or dishonest if I don't? At the moment I just say A*AA and the corresponding subjects which is totally honest, that's what I got, I just omit the C. I mean nobody has to know about it, I have the certificate and the knowledge which is great and all but why should I have to declare it if I think it makes my application look worse when they see a C stick out like a sore thumb..
Looks better without the C
Reply 2
I would put them all down. The C does you no harm given your other grades. Looking dishonest might.
Original post by ajj2000
I would put them all down. The C does you no harm given your other grades. Looking dishonest might.

I agree.
Plus a C isn't that bad. It you had got an E or a U or something then yeah I'd leave it off. But if leave the C on. Plus it shows that you did an extra subject and juggled all 4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending