Chadwick Boseman: Black Panther star dies of cancer aged 43

Watch
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
US actor Chadwick Boseman, best known for his role in Black Panther, has died of cancer, his family say.

The 43-year-old died at home in Los Angeles with his wife and family by his side.

Boseman had not spoken publicly about his diagnosis.

"A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much," his family said in the statement.

"From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson's Ma Rainey's Black Bottom and several more- all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honor of his career to bring King T'Challa to life in Black Panther."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53955912

Extremely sad imo. The fact very few knew of his battle makes this all the more shocking. RIP.
N. Auditoré
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MrDystopia)
US actor Chadwick Boseman, best known for his role in Black Panther, has died of cancer, his family say.

The 43-year-old died at home in Los Angeles with his wife and family by his side.

Boseman had not spoken publicly about his diagnosis.

"A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much," his family said in the statement.

"From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson's Ma Rainey's Black Bottom and several more- all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honor of his career to bring King T'Challa to life in Black Panther."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53955912

Extremely sad imo. The fact very few knew of his battle makes this all the more shocking. RIP.
NOOOO,

I just woke up to pee, WHAT? I knew he had been losing weight but I thought he was doing it for a role or something omg........ 😔
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dreadful shame, he was a great actor
2020 can really suck a ****
Kitten in boots
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Far too young.
howisladypole
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Awful news. 43 is so young..
Just my opinion
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Way too young. RIP.
2020 what a **** year.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dreadful shame. Serious props to him for continuing to work during the surgeries and treatment though!
thuv
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He seemed so powerful in Black Panther. He really put his whole effort into it whilst battling cancer. He is a true hero
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads