The Student Room Group

Worried about predicted grades

I have my Year 12 mocks in a week. They got delayed due to corona. I am a bit worried about my predicted grades. Biology has been really hard to teach myself over this lockdown period. I think overall I might get a C? I have been doing quite well in the year though, a mixture of A/B grades. My question is if I get a C is it likely I will get a B prediction? I HAVE to get a B predicted grade as I am retaking and can't afford to do a gap year if I don't get this grade. I have heard that in some cases teachers predict a grade up, or what you need but my biology teacher is quite strict so I am not sure.
Original post by zoe.nyaku
I have my Year 12 mocks in a week. They got delayed due to corona. I am a bit worried about my predicted grades. Biology has been really hard to teach myself over this lockdown period. I think overall I might get a C? I have been doing quite well in the year though, a mixture of A/B grades. My question is if I get a C is it likely I will get a B prediction? I HAVE to get a B predicted grade as I am retaking and can't afford to do a gap year if I don't get this grade. I have heard that in some cases teachers predict a grade up, or what you need but my biology teacher is quite strict so I am not sure.

If you get a C then you’re capable of a B for sure, just ask your teacher
Original post by john87647
If you get a C then you’re capable of a B for sure, just ask your teacher

I hope my teacher sees it that way, taking into account how I’ve done in the whole year. I guess I’m scared cos she’s a bit strict about things and I never know with her tbh but I’m hoping she gives me a B.
Original post by zoe.nyaku

Just do your best and even if your predited grades aren't quite what you would like them to be, you can still apply to unis asking for slightly higher grades than you are predicted. However, if you don't do so well in your mocks I would encourage you to apply to some "safe" uni choices that do match your predicted grades as well as a couple of more aspirational ones.
Original post by harrysbar
Just do your best and even if your predited grades aren't quite what you would like them to be, you can still apply to unis asking for slightly higher grades than you are predicted. However, if you don't do so well in your mocks I would encourage you to apply to some "safe" uni choices that do match your predicted grades as well as a couple of more aspirational ones.

The problem is I'm applying to physiotherapy, the lowest I can get is BBB. That is as 'safe' as it gets as thats the minimum for all physio courses. My two other a levels I'm confident I will be predicted AA or AB, which is fine as I have AAB choices and ABB choices. So without a B in one subject I am completely screwed, I won't be able to apply anywhere. Thats why I am freaking out so much, I also retook year 12, so I can't not apply this year and delay yet another year

Quick Reply

Latest