The Student Room Group

Public Gallery at a Crown Court

Hi there

Does anyone know if you are interested in hearing a court hearing that you can go sit in the public gallery and if so does anyone know how you go about doing that?
Reply 1
Original post by laurenreid1
Hi there

Does anyone know if you are interested in hearing a court hearing that you can go sit in the public gallery and if so does anyone know how you go about doing that?

Yes, you pick the court and visit it to find out from the clerks what cases may be going on that are of interest to you. You don't have to be studying law either. You just have to be mindful of the various court courtesies!
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/feb/18/law-students-courtroom-visits.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
I live in Worcester so for me it’s the Worcester crown court so is the only way of finding out about cases is by turning up on a random day and seeing if there’s any starting? Or is there a way to look online as I’ve checked everywhere online but couldn’t find a list or anythingThanks for your help and advice in advance
Reply 3
Original post by laurenreid1
I live in Worcester so for me it’s the Worcester crown court so is the only way of finding out about cases is by turning up on a random day and seeing if there’s any starting? Or is there a way to look online as I’ve checked everywhere online but couldn’t find a list or anythingThanks for your help and advice in advance

Just pop into the court and ask one of the clerks. They will advise you about cases that are current and ones that are listed to come up later.They will certainly help you. Most of them are extremely polite tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending