ninja24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just finished my analysis. I'm on the design section and I'm so lost. I'm not sure what to do. Can someone please help me?
adina456
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is this for computer science?
ninja24
Rep:
?
Yeah
adina456
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So in the design section, I created a large top-down design outlining the entire solution. Then in each iteration in the write-up, I had a design sub-section which had a top-down design for each section (I decomposed my project by specific function into iterations). I think the specification also mentions using pseudocode, not sure if both are required though. With all the top-down designs I would include justification, explaining exactly why you have chosen to go about the task in the way you stated.

Hope this helps
ninja24
Rep:
?
(Original post by adina456)
So in the design section, I created a large top-down design outlining the entire solution. Then in each iteration in the write-up, I had a design sub-section which had a top-down design for each section (I decomposed my project by specific function into iterations). I think the specification also mentions using pseudocode, not sure if both are required though. With all the top-down designs I would include justification, explaining exactly why you have chosen to go about the task in the way you stated.

Hope this helps
Wait so what do you include in the top down design? And does it have to link with the code that you've made or ?
ninja24
Rep:
?

Hope this helps
I'm still very confused. I'm so sorry LOL. I don't understand.. what do you mean by 'Then in each iteration in the write-up, I had a design sub-section which had a top-down design for each section'. Sorry to be annoying
adina456
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it's alright. So you have the basic structure:

1. Analysis of the problem
2. Design of the solution
3. Development of the solution
4. Testing of the solution
5. Evaluation of the solution

In the [2. Design of the solution] section I created ONE top down-design which outlined the whole solution.
Under [3. Development of the solution] I had multiple sub-sections, one for each iteration - which corresponds to a different function of the program.
So each iteration had the following headings:
- Introduction
- Design
- Code
- Testing
- Review with client
- Requirements for next sprint/iteration

in the design section listed above, I created smaller top-down designs (compared to the initial one in the main design section) to outline what the particular section does

hope that's a bit clearer
ninja24
Rep:
?
No, it's alright. So you have the basic structure:

1. Analysis of the problem
2. Design of the solution
3. Development of the solution
4. Testing of the solution
5. Evaluation of the solution

In the [2. Design of the solution] section I created ONE top down-design which outlined the whole solution.
Under [3. Development of the solution] I had multiple sub-sections, one for each iteration - which corresponds to a different function of the program.
So each iteration had the following headings:
- Introduction
- Design
- Code
- Testing
- Review with client
- Requirements for next sprint/iteration

in the design section listed above, I created smaller top-down designs (compared to the initial one in the main design section) to outline what the particular section does

hope that's a bit clearer
Oh I see, yeah it's a little clearer. So what would your advice be when doing the design section for a sudoku game? That's what I'm a little confused on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.9%
I'm not sure (16)
3.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.41%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.81%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.28%

Watched Threads