The Student Room Group

Is it possible to change from A-Levels to a course in college?

As I have done the first year of my A-Levels, I realised that A-Levels just isn't for me and now I want to swap to college and do something so much more differently. For example, doing plumbing or electrician.
So I wanna know if that is possible to change before I fully start my second year of A-Levels.
If any has experienced this, please let me know, I really need help.
Thanks for anyone reading this and hope you have a nice day.
yeah get in touch with a college nearby and enquire
I haven't experienced it, but if you call or email your college you can probably change. There's no harm in asking.
Reply 3
Original post by StrugglingMe
As I have done the first year of my A-Levels, I realised that A-Levels just isn't for me and now I want to swap to college and do something so much more differently. For example, doing plumbing or electrician.
So I wanna know if that is possible to change before I fully start my second year of A-Levels.
If any has experienced this, please let me know, I really need help.
Thanks for anyone reading this and hope you have a nice day.

I think it’s probably possible, just ask whoever is your head of sixth form and tell them what u want and how to achieve it and they should put you on a path to success as a plumber
Thank you guys for giving me advices.
Hey!

Yes it is possible! Are you looking to change colleges as well?

Best thing to do is contact the college and ask if they have any places left for you to apply for. I would do this as soon as possible as applications have been open for a few months now so places will be limited.

It is definitely possible, just contact the college :smile:
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Hey!

Yes it is possible! Are you looking to change colleges as well?

Best thing to do is contact the college and ask if they have any places left for you to apply for. I would do this as soon as possible as applications have been open for a few months now so places will be limited.

It is definitely possible, just contact the college :smile:

The college I want to go to only has 2 days left before starting so is it possible to still change?
And do I have to inform my sixth form before applying for the college?
And thank you for helping me out!
Original post by StrugglingMe
The college I want to go to only has 2 days left before starting so is it possible to still change?
And do I have to inform my sixth form before applying for the college?
And thank you for helping me out!

As far as I’m aware, you do not need to alert your current sixth form until you get accepted. Double check that though as I’m not sure!

It’s definitely worth applying for the college even if applications close in 2 days. If you’ve got your heart set on going there, it’s 100% important that you apply!

Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest