The Student Room Group

To drop an A-level?

I’m starting a levels this year and was planning on taking English literature history, product design and classics with the hopes of maybe doing classics or anthropology at uni.

However I’ve just looked at the course I’m doing for English and im worried that I wont like most of the course, I’m just worried that without English my subject choices are too random, any advice?
Original post by Fish-sticks
I’m starting a levels this year and was planning on taking English literature history, product design and classics with the hopes of maybe doing classics or anthropology at uni.

However I’ve just looked at the course I’m doing for English and im worried that I wont like most of the course, I’m just worried that without English my subject choices are too random, any advice?

There is no such thing as ‘too’ random for alevels....if you are taking courses that you enjoy then it will lead to a job/degree that you will enjoy. If you are unsure about taking English, then start with it and drop it if you find it too much/hard.

From someone who does 4 alevels, I do not recommend it (I only do 4 as I do maths and further maths), but it is manageable.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Becca216
There is no such thing as ‘too’ random for alevels....if you are taking courses that you enjoy then it will lead to a job/degree that you will enjoy. If you are unsure about taking English, then start with it and drop it if you find it too much/hard.

From someone who does 4 alevels, I do not recommend it (I only do 4 as I do maths and further maths), but it is manageable.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks, I’m probably going to try it for a few weeks and then decide

Quick Reply

Latest