m-k1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Im trying to create a good CV to apply for vacation schemes etc, next year.
Im planning to do some virtual internships and write about that in extra curricular, but what other things could I write?
m-k1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Anyone
?
h0pefulstudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Having extra curriculars isn't just about listing activities related to law, you also want to show that you're an interesting, well-rounded person. So if you do any sports or other activities, definitely look to include them on your CV.
m-k1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by h0pefulstudent)
Having extra curriculars isn't just about listing activities related to law, you also want to show that you're an interesting, well-rounded person. So if you do any sports or other activities, definitely look to include them on your CV.
I dont do any sports..i do bake though? Would that count?
chloenix
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Read books about law.
h0pefulstudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by m-k1)
I dont do any sports..i do bake though? Would that count?
I tend to have a 'hobbies and interests' section on my CV for things like baking that I do in my spare time, so yes that would count as a bullet point

Are you part of any uni societies? Any volunteering?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by m-k1)
Im trying to create a good CV to apply for vacation schemes etc, next year.
Im planning to do some virtual internships and write about that in extra curricular, but what other things could I write?
You need to participate in things that demonstrate skills relevant to law. No-one cares if you bake, unless you bake for an old folks home or food bank, ie it's evidence of you having a social conscience and putting effort into helping a community or society at large. That's the importance for a CV, not the 'and this is what i do on Sunday's when i'm not in the office'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (726)
33.81%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (407)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (94)
4.38%

Watched Threads