The Student Room Group

Extra curricular on CV for law?

Im trying to create a good CV to apply for vacation schemes etc, next year.
Im planning to do some virtual internships and write about that in extra curricular, but what other things could I write?
Reply 1
Anyone
?
Having extra curriculars isn't just about listing activities related to law, you also want to show that you're an interesting, well-rounded person. So if you do any sports or other activities, definitely look to include them on your CV.
Reply 3
Original post by h0pefulstudent
Having extra curriculars isn't just about listing activities related to law, you also want to show that you're an interesting, well-rounded person. So if you do any sports or other activities, definitely look to include them on your CV.

I dont do any sports..i do bake though? Would that count?
Read books about law.
Original post by m-k1
I dont do any sports..i do bake though? Would that count?

I tend to have a 'hobbies and interests' section on my CV for things like baking that I do in my spare time, so yes that would count as a bullet point

Are you part of any uni societies? Any volunteering?
Original post by m-k1
Im trying to create a good CV to apply for vacation schemes etc, next year.
Im planning to do some virtual internships and write about that in extra curricular, but what other things could I write?

You need to participate in things that demonstrate skills relevant to law. No-one cares if you bake, unless you bake for an old folks home or food bank, ie it's evidence of you having a social conscience and putting effort into helping a community or society at large. That's the importance for a CV, not the 'and this is what i do on Sunday's when i'm not in the office'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending