The Student Room Group

Books to read for a business personal statement

I'm going into year 12 this year and I want to do as much super curricular things as I can for my personal statement. Can anyone recommend any books, podcasts, documentaries etc?
We can't recommend anything if we don't know what subject you want to study at uni!
Reply 2
Original post by chloenix
We can't recommend anything if we don't know what subject you want to study at uni!

I wrote in the title "business" if you had actually read my thread smh
Original post by H4ttie03

Oh right sorry didn't see. And there's no need for the 'smh' I wasn't trying to be rude just wanted to help. You can do your own research now lol
Reply 4
Original post by chloenix
Oh right sorry didn't see. And there's no need for the 'smh' I wasn't trying to be rude just wanted to help. You can do your own research now lol

Lol sorry and I just wanted to know of any past students had any recommendations
Reply 5

It depends on the type of business course you want to do as there are many e.g business analytics, business management, business and it.
Reply 6
Original post by Ten-Ten
It depends on the type of business course you want to do as there are many e.g business analytics, business management, business and it.

Sorry to clarify I think I want to do business management
Reply 7
Sorry to clarify I think I want to do business management

Well there’s How to Win Friends & Influence People,” by Dale Carnegie, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort. Things like that
Look at the reading lists of your unis for a good starting point :smile:
Look on Amazon
Original post by Ten-Ten
Well there’s How to Win Friends & Influence People,” by Dale Carnegie, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort. Things like that

I've read 'How to Win Friends & Influence People' book when I was young, is it reputable enough/or related for business management?
You should ensure that whatever you include is focused on the academic study of business

Quick Reply

Latest