ACG776
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I've already made my choices for the IB, which are HL: Maths AI, Business, Computer Science and SL: Italian ab intio, Psychology, English. My career choice is to become a software engineer/developer, which I am quite keen on. However, I'm currently debating whether I should choose physics SL instead of psychology because many universities in the United Kingdom look for physics, although other universities in Europe aren't very particular on this. Additionally, do I need physics for the job, or is it only useful for game developers? Do you think I need to take physics SL even if it is unnecessary towards my career?
DoNotMove
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ACG776)
Hi, I've already made my choices for the IB, which are HL: Maths AI, Business, Computer Science and SL: Italian ab intio, Psychology, English. My career choice is to become a software engineer/developer, which I am quite keen on. However, I'm currently debating whether I should choose physics SL instead of psychology because many universities in the United Kingdom look for physics, although other universities in Europe aren't very particular on this. Additionally, do I need physics for the job, or is it only useful for game developers? Do you think I need to take physics SL even if it is unnecessary towards my career?
Universities tend to look more at your HL rather than SL. Many universities will list recommended and compulsory subjects for their courses - you could use these as a guide as to which subjects would be good too. Personally, I don't think it makes it difference whether you do Physics or Psychology - neither are particularly applicable to a job in software engineering unless you're making software specifically geared towards those areas. Do the one you enjoy more, as your higher level subjects are already providing enough with regards to university entrance requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.63%
No (192)
78.37%

Watched Threads