Ecole polytechnique bachelor for international students? A SCAM?

Watch
Dave3889
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Guys what do you think? It seems to me that admissions for the Ecole Polytechnique is easier than the one French students apply for. It is a relatively nee course and there is no student loan available. Is the new Bachelor degree really worth it? Is it really as prestigious as what the French students go into? Please honest answers. I was thinking if applying but have found really contrasting views. Any help is greatly appreciated
Alfonso21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's a top school with a long elite history. This particular program is new and not targeting the typical French applicant, more competing against Oxbridge/Imperial. You cannot compare it with the domestic engineering program taught in French in a military setting.Because it is new it is a bit more risky. It's competitive, acceptance rate is low but currently higher than MIT or Oxbridge. However, the first cohort is out and the profiles they show are at the very top, going for PhD or masters at MIT, Caltech, Oxbridge, Zurich or Munich. It's probably not the case for every undergrad but it is likely they generally get what they want.Why do you say there is no student loan? That doesn't seem right. Student loans are quite common in France, at least for students at top institutions.
Dave3889
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Alfonso21)
It's a top school with a long elite history. This particular program is new and not targeting the typical French applicant, more competing against Oxbridge/Imperial. You cannot compare it with the domestic engineering program taught in French in a military setting.Because it is new it is a bit more risky. It's competitive, acceptance rate is low but currently higher than MIT or Oxbridge. However, the first cohort is out and the profiles they show are at the very top, going for PhD or masters at MIT, Caltech, Oxbridge, Zurich or Munich. It's probably not the case for every undergrad but it is likely they generally get what they want.Why do you say there is no student loan? That doesn't seem right. Student loans are quite common in France, at least for students at top institutions.
Hey thank you so much for replying to the post! May you please link me ti where you found the statistic you mentioned as i cannot find any information online about the bachelor course. Thank u so much!
Alfonso21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have heard and perhaps read 15% which would be very good so early. If that's true you could expect 5-10% in a few years, on par with the most attractive Western programs. Now of course it is never fully comparable, it depends on the internatioal reach and the minimum requirements. In any case the bar seems high
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (65)
21.59%
No (236)
78.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise