Ecole polytechnique Bachelor question

Watch
Dave3889
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is it worth it to do the Bachor Program? Is it as well regarded as the Polytechnicien Engineer program that students for class preparatoires go to?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bachelor at ÈPFL is excellent, do you mean Lausanne or are you talking about somewhere in Paris? (There’s one ÈPFL course that didn’t impress me so much)
Dave3889
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)
Bachelor at ÈPFL is excellent, do you mean Lausanne or are you talking about somewhere in Paris? (There’s one ÈPFL course that didn’t impress me so much)
Oh I meant the l’X, in Paris. Do you know anything about it?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Only that I spent a week recently analysing the French education system, post secondary school..

There were so many acronyms, different paths available, BAC+1, BAC+2, BAC+2.5?, BAC+3 entry systems. State university paths, private colleges. I registered at a few websites, in order to understand the acronym-soup, and then I talked to a serious French colleague. He suggested that a short, focussed UK Uni bachelor was probably a better idea in general than “playing” with the French system. There were various (paid) magazines available to help French kids, looks like there might be a few pitfalls.

I did find some interesting French uni’s in the end, based in Lyon & around Nice. I like Paris, but wouldn’t really wish to study there. All the historic uni’s in Paris were allegedly eviscerated following the 1968 riots, , leading to the current mess, so you might study in the Sorbonne (building) but potentially not in the historic quality centre?

As for scam uni’s, they exist in a few countries, Dublin has/had a college with €13k/yr fees, which passed everyone - according to press reports. It is still running afaik.

Pres. Macron in April this year did make a speech about closing the French universities of privilege, where all of current French ‘aristos’ studied, including himself, but I don’t think this has been carried out!

If you like the offer of a particular Parisian place, then read a lot about it.....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (65)
21.59%
No (236)
78.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise