Can unis release you into clearing after 14 days?

Watch
Tyler129
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a ****ing idiot and didn’t bother rejecting my insurance (Nottingham) . UCL have since contacted me and said they will reinstate my offer if I go into clearing. I didn’t bother rejecting my firm just yet because UCL said I have until 4th September to make a decision. I wanted to contact UCL first to see if there was any accommodation left because if there wasn’t I would pick my entry as 2021 instead of 2020. I’m a ****ing idiot because I didn’t realise you only had 14 days to reject your uni choice and now I can’t decline my place at Nottingham. I don’t know what to do, I can’t contact anyone because it’s a bank holiday. I’ve never felt so ****, I feel like such a idiot.
MadMathsMum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Firstly - no one is going to come and drag you to a uni you don't wish to go to!
Second - if UCL have offered you a "clearing" place - surely this is just for a 2020 start. i would be surprised if you can actually defer this offer??
Tyler129
Rep:
?
(Original post by MadMathsMum)
Firstly - no one is going to come and drag you to a uni you don't wish to go to!
Second - if UCL have offered you a "clearing" place - surely this is just for a 2020 start. i would be surprised if you can actually defer this offer??
Yeah but I’m just worried they’ll refuse to release me into clearing which means I can’t add my UCL option.

Due to corona this year, they’ve made it so that those who didn’t get in on results day can now defer to 2021. This is also cause a lot of those who didn’t get in on results day and now got in due to CAG won’t get accommodation in halls.
MadMathsMum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tyler129)
Yeah but I’m just worried they’ll refuse to release me into clearing which means I can’t add my UCL option.

Due to corona this year, they’ve made it so that those who didn’t get in on results day can now defer to 2021. This is also cause a lot of those who didn’t get in on results day and now got in due to CAG won’t get accommodation in halls.
Ah- I didn't realise ucl was your firm
Tyler129
Rep:
?
Bump
?Hannah?
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i would suggest calling nottingham and making them aware of your situation. they can’t force you to start this year especially since you haven’t paid any money or anything. make sure you get a confirmation from UCL that they will offer you a place for 2021. then you need to get released from nottingham so that you can confirm UCL. it’s stressful but i’m sure it will all work out especially if UCL have already said they are going to be allowing you in for 2021. but defo get on the phone pronto
Tyler129
Rep:
?
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
i would suggest calling nottingham and making them aware of your situation. they can’t force you to start this year especially since you haven’t paid any money or anything. make sure you get a confirmation from UCL that they will offer you a place for 2021. then you need to get released from nottingham so that you can confirm UCL. it’s stressful but i’m sure it will all work out especially if UCL have already said they are going to be allowing you in for 2021. but defo get on the phone pronto
Yeah I intend to call them on Tuesday because it’s bank holiday weekend and they’re closed on Monday. UCL have sent me instructions on how to get onto the course but I need to be in clearing which is why I need to be released.
curiousperson123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I intend to call them on Tuesday because it’s bank holiday weekend and they’re closed on Monday. UCL have sent me instructions on how to get onto the course but I need to be in clearing which is why I need to be released.
how did it go??? did you get into UCL???
Tyler129
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by curiousperson123)
how did it go??? did you get into UCL???
Yeah lol turns out it was a glitch on the UCAS website that wouldn’t allow me to decline my place. I contacted UCAS and they said they couldn’t fix it over the bank holiday because all their staff weren’t working but yeah stressed for nothing. Glitch was fixed on Tuesday
curiousperson123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah lol turns out it was a glitch on the UCAS website that wouldn’t allow me to decline my place. I contacted UCAS and they said they couldn’t fix it over the bank holiday because all their staff weren’t working but yeah stressed for nothing. Glitch was fixed on Tuesday
Congratulations
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.21%
I'm not sure (25)
4.44%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.79%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.42%

Watched Threads