The Student Room Group

Just curious

Is there any way to get rid of stretch marks?
Bio oil is really good. It helps improve the appearance of stretch marks as well as preventing them. It's also great for improving the appearance of uneven skin tone and scars.
Original post by Yehyeet
Is there any way to get rid of stretch marks?

no, not completely. you can get lazer removal or cosmetic surgery. they both can help them look better and less noticable, but they will never be completely gone. because stretch marks start from the lack of cologan which is how your skin stretches. the stretch marks start at the very bottom layer of your skin. so there is not many ways to get rid of the stretch marks. you could try removal surgeries or there is oils and creams you can use. i have stretch marks myself and i use to be very insecure about them, i still am. but, you can try using bio-oil or mederma. i personally do a mix of bio-oil, and coconut oil twice a day on the areas where i have stretch marks. usually once in the morning and once right before bed. the bio-oil it does take some time to completely dry into your skin, so doing this twice a day is quite time consuming but it does work. mine have faded a bit already from using the two for about a month and a half now.
(edited 3 years ago)
It depends doesn't it, because if they are reddish that means that they are new and if they are like yellow or just the normal colour of a strech mark that means they have been there for ages which means, that it's harder to remove. Bio oil or maybe even microdermabrasion pen might help (that's kinda scary tho with the needles😕)
Reply 4
Bio oil supposedly works.
The majority of people have stretch marks though, theres nothing wrong with them. Some of the crazy things available just to get rid of them are not worth it.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Bio oil supposedly works.
The majority of people have stretch marks though, theres nothing wrong with them. Some of the crazy things available just to get rid of them are not worth it.

yup. its actually more normal to have them than to not. about 80% of the population have them. (i just looked it up :tongue:)

Quick Reply