Which dental schools don't consider UCAT SJT section?

Watch this thread
Smiley188
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am an international student with 2840 for my ucat (average 710) but a band 3 in the SJT.

Which dental schools don't look at SJT? I have Bristol and Birmingham on the list...

I have strong work experience, volunteer work and a personal statement. Waiting for my school to issue the predictive grades (if I am lucky, it is AAA... Had AAB in the AS levels). Did not take GCSE but took Ordinary levels (equivalent) with 3A and 4B.

It seems most schools look at GCSE.. Not sure that my O levels would make the grade

Any suggestions on dental schools that would consider the criteria above?

Many thanks
Gumballfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
They all do tbh but they don’t all necessarily look at STJ when choosing for interview such as Birmingham whilst others do like Kings and Manchester. None the less you got a band 3 which is basically like the minimum for like most dental school unis and with a high ucat score like that you’ll honestly be fine
Gumballfan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Smiley188)
I am an international student with 2840 for my ucat (average 710) but a band 3 in the SJT.

Which dental schools don't look at SJT? I have Bristol and Birmingham on the list...

I have strong work experience, volunteer work and a personal statement. Waiting for my school to issue the predictive grades (if I am lucky, it is AAA... Had AAB in the AS levels). Did not take GCSE but took Ordinary levels (equivalent) with 3A and 4B.

It seems most schools look at GCSE.. Not sure that my O levels would make the grade

Any suggestions on dental schools that would consider the criteria above?

Many thanks
You’re grades seems alright but I’m not sure about the O level qualifications, email and call schools you want to go to
Smiley188
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Gumballfan)
You’re grades seems alright but I’m not sure about the O level qualifications, email and call schools you want to go to
thank you!! Applied to Bristol, Newcastle, Sheffield and Belfast. Had 3 interviews
EmidSoc
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm a Dental Student for the Ethnic Minorities in Dentistry society in Liverpool

For me, I had SJT Band 3 and a above AVG UKCAT. I applied with 8a* in GCSES and 3As predicted for A levels.
I got four interviews at Kings, QMUL, Birmingham and Liverpool.
Hope that helps!
emma31x12
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by EmidSoc)
I'm a Dental Student for the Ethnic Minorities in Dentistry society in Liverpool

For me, I had SJT Band 3 and a above AVG UKCAT. I applied with 8a* in GCSES and 3As predicted for A levels.
I got four interviews at Kings, QMUL, Birmingham and Liverpool.
Hope that helps!
Hi what was your exact ucat score- I'm asking because I'm applying this year and got 2740 band 3 so I'm deciding which unis to apply for.
itsraininghere
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by mdbdidjdksnd)
I would like to know too. I got a similar ucat to you, 2700 sjt b3. kinda bummed with the band 3. what unis are you applying to? i wanted to apply to kcl and qmul but apparently queen mary dont take applicants with band 3 or 4
If all your other stats are great then go for King’s! It only says “less likely to be interviewed” but with a score of 2700, you’re already above average.
emma31x12
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by mdbdidjdksnd)
I would like to know too. I got a similar ucat to you, 2700 sjt b3. kinda bummed with the band 3. what unis are you applying to? i wanted to apply to kcl and qmul but apparently queen mary dont take applicants with band 3 or 4
im thinking of applying to bristol, liverpool, cardiff and plymouth. Plymouth is definitely a safety net and i'm not surreee about cardiff but i don't know whether its better to play it safe this year considering that our GCSEs were somewhat inflated... its very possible they'll put more emphasis on the ucat so im not sure what to apply for:/
Unicorn111
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Smiley188)
thank you!! Applied to Bristol, Newcastle, Sheffield and Belfast. Had 3 interviews
Which universities were the interviews from Smiley?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (146)
42.44%
Not yet, but I will soon (62)
18.02%
No (136)
39.53%

Watched Threads