The Student Room Group

Please help, I have no idea what to do

I got rejected by UCL on results day and was then automatically given a place at my insurance Nottingham. UCL have since contacted me and said they will reinstate my offer if I go into clearing. I didn’t bother rejecting my firm just yet because UCL said I have until 4th September to make a decision. I wanted to contact UCL first to see if there was any accommodation left because if there wasn’t I would pick my entry as 2021 instead of 2020. I’m am such an idiot because I didn’t realise you only had 14 days to reject your uni choice and now I can’t decline my place at Nottingham. I can’t contact Nottingham because their admissions office has been closed all of last week (found out through tsr) and might be closed next week. I only have until next Friday to get a place at UCL through clearing. I have never felt so lost in my life. I honestly just feel so stupid and if my family found out I might as well kill my self. I think my only option is to call up UCL and see what they can do but I’m not hopeful. If anyone can lend any advice please do because I’m honestly just do lost and stressed.
Original post by Tyler129
I got rejected by UCL on results day and was then automatically given a place at my insurance Nottingham. UCL have since contacted me and said they will reinstate my offer if I go into clearing. I didn’t bother rejecting my firm just yet because UCL said I have until 4th September to make a decision. I wanted to contact UCL first to see if there was any accommodation left because if there wasn’t I would pick my entry as 2021 instead of 2020. I’m am such an idiot because I didn’t realise you only had 14 days to reject your uni choice and now I can’t decline my place at Nottingham. I can’t contact Nottingham because their admissions office has been closed all of last week (found out through tsr) and might be closed next week. I only have until next Friday to get a place at UCL through clearing. I have never felt so lost in my life. I honestly just feel so stupid and if my family found out I might as well kill my self. I think my only option is to call up UCL and see what they can do but I’m not hopeful. If anyone can lend any advice please do because I’m honestly just do lost and stressed.

Stressing out is impractical and does not lead you any closer to finding a solution, so do not stress out. According to a Q&A UCL did on Facebook the other day, everyone that meets the criteria to enter this year is guaranteed accomodation, although I have read on other forums that some people have lost their guarantee. Simply call UCL on Tuesday and tell them about your situation, and they will be fine to help you. With regards to your offer at Nottingham, the only option is to call them. Their admissions office should not be closed next week, and to be honest, it is ridiculous that their admissions office is closed, especially considering the situation with grades this year.
Reply 2

Well Nottingham are partly at fault though because yheir offices were closed. Go through clearing and forget about Nottingham. They can't do anything to you anyway. You didn’t carry out a crime did you!? lol.
Reply 3
Original post by mgi
Well Nottingham are partly at fault though because yheir offices were closed. Go through clearing and forget about Nottingham. They can't do anything to you anyway. You didn’t carry out a crime did you!? lol.

I can’t go through clearing because I can’t decline my place at Nottingham, that’s my main concern. That’s why I need to be able to contact Nottingham so they can release me. It’s so annoying how they’re closed.
Reply 4
Original post by sang-jun
Stressing out is impractical and does not lead you any closer to finding a solution, so do not stress out. According to a Q&A UCL did on Facebook the other day, everyone that meets the criteria to enter this year is guaranteed accomodation, although I have read on other forums that some people have lost their guarantee. Simply call UCL on Tuesday and tell them about your situation, and they will be fine to help you. With regards to your offer at Nottingham, the only option is to call them. Their admissions office should not be closed next week, and to be honest, it is ridiculous that their admissions office is closed, especially considering the situation with grades this year.

Sadly the guarantee only applies if you received an unconditional on results day not through CAG results. Hopefully UCL should be able to sort it out but I’m still very anxious.
Hi, I'm in a similar position. I can't release myself on ucas because 14 days is exceeded. I have contacted King's on Kings Apply but it's weekend and bank holiday. What I'm worried about is they'll make me pay the deposit (which I didn't pay)We need the deposit to secure the place as I'm international. I didn't enroll and I didn't pay the deposit. Do you think they will just release me?
Reply 6
I can’t go through clearing because I can’t decline my place at Nottingham, that’s my main concern. That’s why I need to be able to contact Nottingham so they can release me. It’s so annoying how they’re closed.

Make a complaint to UCAS asap!
Original post by mgi
Make a complaint to UCAS asap!

Is that because 14 days is exceeded now we can't release ourselves on ucas? So all we can do is to contact uni to let them release us?
Reply 8
Original post by heysummer
Is that because 14 days is exceeded now we can't release ourselves on ucas? So all we can do is to contact uni to let them release us?

You need to contact ucas for advice!
How do I contact UCAS advisers?
Our normal opening hours are Monday to Friday 08:00 18:00 (UK time).
Phone from UK 0345 123 8001*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending