G7 Senior Policy Advisor - Civil Service interview tips

Watch
arya1290
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I have an upcoming G7 Senior Policy Advisor interview for the cross departmental vacancies/policy profession.

Just wondering if anyone here has any tips or insight into the structure of the interview? Even at HEO/SEO level!
tommy.93
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi - search google for 'civil service success profiles' and learn the buzzwords associated with your job role; the categories should be outlined on your interview email/jobs portal.

Then what I'd do is factor the buzzwords into some pre-prepared STAR answers (google STAR interview for tips, but always add a bit of reflection on the end to blend your example to the role you're applying for). That should be the bread & butter of the interview done. You'll also want to work on some more generic stuff like 'what qualities would you bring to the role' 'why do you want the job' etc.

Finally, for mine I also tracked down some people already in role to ask what answers would be best, what the details of the job are ect.
TheWonderer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
HiHow did your interview go? Do you mind if I ask what kind of questions they asked? Also, re the five minute presentation, what are they expecting?Thanks in advance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (64)
27.71%
Less motivated (167)
72.29%

Watched Threads