Leo_p
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi guys, I want to do mental health nursing at uni but only have functional skills level 1 in english and BTEC sports level 2 do you think I have any hope and if not would you suggest is the best route to take and what are the options?
aleenaxox03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Leo_p)
Hi guys, I want to do mental health nursing at uni but only have functional skills level 1 in english and BTEC sports level 2 do you think I have any hope and if not would you suggest is the best route to take and what are the options?
Do you have any GCSEs or A Levels?
University of South Wales
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Leo_p)
Good morning, for mental health nursing universities would be looking for GCSEs and level 3 qualifications. If you have been out of education for some time you may wish to consider studying an Access to Higher Education Diploma. These can be studied full time in one year and many universities will accept these for entry on to their degree programmes. Access to Higher Education Diplomas are taught at further education colleges, so if you think this might be an option for you it's worth checking out your local college to see what they offer. If you have any questions, or if I can help in any way, please feel free to drop me a message. Thanks, Carrie
University of South Wales
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Leo_p)
Good morning, for mental health nursing universities would be looking for GCSEs and level 3 qualifications. If you have been out of education for some time you may wish to consider studying an Access to Higher Education Diploma. These can be studied full time in one year and many universities will accept these for entry on to their degree programmes. Access to Higher Education Diplomas are taught at further education colleges, so if you think this might be an option for you it's worth checking out your local college to see what they offer. If you have any questions, or if I can help in any way, please feel free to drop me a message. Thanks, Carrie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads