The Student Room Group

Advice I feel like a bad person

Aight, hello I need advice cos im hella confused and feel like a really bad person.
So basically, I met these 2 guys online. I've been talking to both of them. One of them is really really sweet and I vibe with him. The other is really funny, I also vibe with him. I am still talking to both of them. I know how one of them feels about me cos he makes it very clear. Me and the other one have been bantering for days and like I said he's really funny, though he hasn't made it really clear if he views me in THAT way- but I feel like he might?
Basically I feel like a bad person for talking to them both. I know I am not committed to either of them but I just feel like I am leading one of them on.
Should I stop talking to one of them or just state that I just wanna be friends or like make it clear that its just friendship?

Idk eeeee why am I like this
Reply 1
Are you ever planning to meet up (safely) and find out what they are like in real life? Anyone can come over as nice and fun online, but might not be in person. That's how you'd decide about getting involved with anyone.
Original post by Anonymous
Aight, hello I need advice cos im hella confused and feel like a really bad person.
So basically, I met these 2 guys online. I've been talking to both of them. One of them is really really sweet and I vibe with him. The other is really funny, I also vibe with him. I am still talking to both of them. I know how one of them feels about me cos he makes it very clear. Me and the other one have been bantering for days and like I said he's really funny, though he hasn't made it really clear if he views me in THAT way- but I feel like he might?
Basically I feel like a bad person for talking to them both. I know I am not committed to either of them but I just feel like I am leading one of them on.
Should I stop talking to one of them or just state that I just wanna be friends or like make it clear that its just friendship?

Idk eeeee why am I like this

I think it's best to always make it clear how you feel about someone especially since he has made his feeling clear he might think that you're exclusive, other wise you could accidentally be leading either of them on which would ruin what sounds like a nice friendship. There's also nothing wrong with talking to more than one person at a time as long as everyone involved knows that you are not committed/exclusive.
You aren't a bad person, this kind of thing happens sometimes. The fact that you've picked up on what's going on and don't want to lead either of them on tells me you're not that kind of person. You're only gonna know which one you feel more comfortable with once you've met them both in person, if you're planning on doing that anytime soon. Do you video call with them? That can be a good proto-meet and can give you a better gauge at how well you get on in person.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Are you ever planning to meet up (safely) and find out what they are like in real life? Anyone can come over as nice and fun online, but might not be in person. That's how you'd decide about getting involved with anyone.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I think I'll meet up with them both and just see who I vibe with better in person. And then I will let the other know I just wanna be friends.

Quick Reply

Latest