The Student Room Group

Student finance national ID

I was born in the UK as a refugee however I’m not a british citizen. My nationality has been obtained after my mother who is a Czech citizen- I am not entitled to Czech documents as i have never been out of the UK. I’ve been told by student finance that mine and my mother’s home office documents and my English birth certificate should be enough for proof of ID, however now they’re asking me for my EU passport?
I have applied for a citizen card and I’m wondering if that is classed as a national ID card and will be enough to prove my ID.
Original post by Michaelabila
I was born in the UK as a refugee however I’m not a british citizen. My nationality has been obtained after my mother who is a Czech citizen- I am not entitled to Czech documents as i have never been out of the UK. I’ve been told by student finance that mine and my mother’s home office documents and my English birth certificate should be enough for proof of ID, however now they’re asking me for my EU passport?
I have applied for a citizen card and I’m wondering if that is classed as a national ID card and will be enough to prove my ID.

Hi, what is your status in the UK? Do you hold refugee status now? Please also confirm your Nationality and how long you have been in the UK.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, what is your status in the UK? Do you hold refugee status now? Please also confirm your Nationality and how long you have been in the UK.
Thanks, Isaac

Hello, I have the indefinite leave to remain, my nationality is Czech and i was born in the UK and have never left or even visited any other country.
Hello, I have the indefinite leave to remain, my nationality is Czech and i was born in the UK and have never left or even visited any other country.

You will be able to apply for SFE funding, do you not have any passport at all? What ID do you have?
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
You will be able to apply for SFE funding, do you not have any passport at all? What ID do you have?
Thanks, Isaac

The only ID i have except my home office and birth certificate is a citizencard. Will this be classed as a national ID or not?
The only ID i have except my home office and birth certificate is a citizencard. Will this be classed as a national ID or not?

The EU National ID Card is acceptable.
Thanks, Isaac
Hello, I dont think you’re understanding what i’m saying. My point is that i do not hold any EU documents, only documents i have are my British birth certificate and Home office documents. I keep getting told something different by every different individual who works for student finance. For instance, three different people said that my Birth certificate and documents from Home Office to prove my residency in the UK are fine. However, after I’ve explained my situation several times, I’ve been asked to send off a passport which I don’t have. It’s really frustrating that i keep getting told that my documents are fine but it’s not getting me anywhere.
Thanks, MichaelaThe EU National ID Card is acceptable.
Thanks, Isaac
Hello, I dont think you’re understanding what i’m saying. My point is that i do not hold any EU documents, only documents i have are my British birth certificate and Home office documents. I keep getting told something different by every different individual who works for student finance. For instance, three different people said that my Birth certificate and documents from Home Office to prove my residency in the UK are fine. However, after I’ve explained my situation several times, I’ve been asked to send off a passport which I don’t have. It’s really frustrating that i keep getting told that my documents are fine but it’s not getting me anywhere.
Thanks, MichaelaThe EU National ID Card is acceptable.
Thanks, Isaac

A UK Birth certificate is acceptable ID for UK Nationals apply for SFE funding.
If you have a UK Birth certificate it should be acceptable. Can you please give us a call on 0300 100 0607 or message us on Facebook/Twitter so we can review your account and give the correct advise?
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending