The Student Room Group

university requirements help

Do the predicted grades have to be the same entry requirements?
Reply 1
Original post by ucasguy17
Do the predicted grades have to be the same entry requirements?

If you are being predicted lower grades than the course's minimum entry requirements it is probably not advisable to apply there unless you genuinely think you can achieve better than what has been predicted, because firstly You are much less likely to actually get an offer, and secondly even if you do it will be at a level you probably won't achieve.
Reply 2
Original post by AHKS
If you are being predicted lower grades than the course's minimum entry requirements it is probably not advisable to apply there unless you genuinely think you can achieve better than what has been predicted, because firstly You are much less likely to actually get an offer, and secondly even if you do it will be at a level you probably won't achieve.

the course entry requirements are ABB. i can achieve this however i qualify for a scheme that reduces 2 grades of offer. so it becomes BBC.
if my predicted is BBB will they place it against the contextual offer or the entry for the course?
Reply 3
the course entry requirements are ABB. i can achieve this however i qualify for a scheme that reduces 2 grades of offer. so it becomes BBC.
if my predicted is BBB will they place it against the contextual offer or the entry for the course?

If you qualify for the contextual offer then for you those are the entry requirements for you and your predicted grades meet them. Nothing to worry about.
Reply 4
Original post by AHKS
If you qualify for the contextual offer then for you those are the entry requirements for you and your predicted grades meet them. Nothing to worry about.

also. im doing my mocks in 2 weeks. will this become my predicted grades? its pretty unfair giving mocks after having 5 months of no actual teacher and procrastination. is there a second set of mocks y13s do?
Reply 5
also. im doing my mocks in 2 weeks. will this become my predicted grades? its pretty unfair giving mocks after having 5 months of no actual teacher and procrastination. is there a second set of mocks y13s do?

Different schools do things differently so best idea is to ask your own teachers what predicted grade they are going to give UCAS and if it is lower than you need explain this to them and try to convince them you are willing to work really hard to achieve what you need and try to see if they will increase it if need be.

It's not unfair - it will show those that have taken the course seriously, and self-studied.

You are not aiming for top universities, so, if your predicted grades prove to be low, you have the option of adjustment.
Reply 7
Original post by RogerOxon
It's not unfair - it will show those that have taken the course seriously, and self-studied.

You are not aiming for top universities, so, if your predicted grades prove to be low, you have the option of adjustment.

uob is pretty good imo but its whatever.

wdym adjustment?
uob is pretty good imo but its whatever.

wdym adjustment?

If your predicted grades mean that you apply to universities below the level that you actually achieve, adjustment allows you to, post results, apply to others. It's basically clearing for those that have exceeded their firm offer. (I'm not an expert on this, so will hopefully be corrected if wrong)

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-if-youve-done-better-expected
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by RogerOxon
If your predicted grades mean that you apply to universities below the level that you actually achieve, adjustment allows you to, post results, apply to others. It's basically clearing for those that have exceeded their firm offer. (I'm not an expert on this, so will hopefully be corrected if wrong)

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-if-youve-done-better-expected

do you know when i should send off my application. im starting my ps this week and i'll get it done around mid september. is it ok to send it off then?
do you know when i should send off my application. im starting my ps this week and i'll get it done around mid september. is it ok to send it off then?

I don't know when applications open. The earliest deadline (for Oxbridge and some courses) is the 15th October 2020, so you'd be submitting very early - your school may not enable that. For most courses / universities, the deadline is in January 2021.

Quick Reply

Latest