Report 10 months ago
I'd love to be tagged!
Getoutamaswamp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Tag me please

Your GCSE grades are amazing, you should feel so proud of them and good luck with your final year!
greenapples2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
tag me please
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Update #1 - One week until I go back to school (probably)!

So it's probably fair to say I am not as prepared for Y13 as I could be - I am not very confident on half of the Y12 content and my personal statement is nearly non existent. So I am going to spend my last week of summer trying to get as prepared as possible.

Today has started off good, I have finished all the compulsory Physics Summer work, which included a test that I got 92% on , but I am still a long way behind a have some Past Paper Questions to do for all my subjects alongside revision. So the next week ahead I am going to try and do 4 hours on each subject to help get me 'back on top'.

I am still unsure about when I am meant to be going into college (it's a very long story so if you are interested it's in the spoiler below), but currently I am due to start next Thursday (10th).
Spoiler:
Show
Sooooo the big complication with going back to college is that, last week when my headteacher sent an email out we were in a local lockdown, so the college decided they were going to spit the college in half by surnames and do it so half went in one week and half the next. Which is quite annoying really as most of my mates are in the other half of the year...But, as of Friday we have now come out of local lockdown (just about) so we are waiting to hear if anything is changing....now obviously it's been a bank holiday weekend which is why we haven't heard anything yet, but it is a nervous wait, hoping that I can go back full time - I'll keep you all updated.

So as a basic to do list, over the next week I am going to:
-Spend 8 hours on maths, which includes doing 3 Past papers and some integration revision
-Spend 4 hours on physics, mainly the past paper questions which we have been asked to do, but also some general revision if I get chance
-Spend 4 hours on geography, learning the key case studies from Y12;
-Start writing the first draft of my personal statement:poke:

PUN/JOKE TIME :woo:

If you have ever seen my blog you will know I love bad jokes/pun, so I am going to try and include one at the end of every update - just to try and spread a bit of happiness - they may be topical or they may be totally random

Why did the maths book look so sad when school started again?
Spoiler:
Show
Because it had so many problems...

Hope everyone has a good week and if you are heading back to school - stay safe! :hugs:

Tags (I have also tagged anyone who followed my last GYG, let me know if you want to be tagged in the future or not)

josie71202
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Becca216)

So it's probably fair to say I am not as prepared for Y13 as I could be - I am not very confident on half of the Y12 content and my personal statement is nearly non existent. So I am going to spend my last week of summer trying to get as prepared as possible.

Today has started off good, I have finished all the compulsory Physics Summer work, which included a test that I got 92% on , but I am still a long way behind a have some Past Paper Questions to do for all my subjects alongside revision. So the next week ahead I am going to try and do 4 hours on each subject to help get me 'back on top'.

I am still unsure about when I am meant to be going into college (it's a very long story so if you are interested it's in the spoiler below), but currently I am due to start next Thursday (10th).
Spoiler:
Show
Sooooo the big complication with going back to college is that, last week when my headteacher sent an email out we were in a local lockdown, so the college decided they were going to spit the college in half by surnames and do it so half went in one week and half the next. Which is quite annoying really as most of my mates are in the other half of the year...But, as of Friday we have now come out of local lockdown (just about) so we are waiting to hear if anything is changing....now obviously it's been a bank holiday weekend which is why we haven't heard anything yet, but it is a nervous wait, hoping that I can go back full time - I'll keep you all updated.

-Spend 8 hours on maths, which includes doing 3 Past papers and some integration revision
-Spend 4 hours on physics, mainly the past paper questions which we have been asked to do, but also some general revision if I get chance

If you have ever seen my blog you will know I love bad jokes/pun, so I am going to try and include one at the end of every update - just to try and spread a bit of happiness - they may be topical or they may be totally random

Spoiler:
Show

Hope everyone has a good week and if you are heading back to school - stay safe! :hugs:

Tags (I have also tagged anyone who followed my last GYG, let me know if you want to be tagged in the future or not)

good luck with returning to college
Raptor Jesus
Report 10 months ago

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

wow lucky you i think you start later than most people :eek: - nice to do list too - you can do a lot in 8hrs too
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Please tag me hopefully you’ll be back at school soon!
Becca216
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raptor Jesus)
wow lucky you i think you start later than most people :eek: - nice to do list too - you can do a lot in 8hrs too
We usually start earlier (last year I started in the last week of August) - it's just to do with the local lockdown, I think which is why they've pushed the start date back :confused:

(Original post by laurawatt)
Please tag me hopefully you’ll be back at school soon!
Will do! Good luck with your first day back

Edit: Laura I seemed to have already tagged you - I am assuming I have tagged the correct account:confused:
Last edited by Becca216; 10 months ago
username4360318
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
tag me !

btw I love the title of your gyg XD
Becca216
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chemist123)
tag me !

btw I love the title of your gyg XD
Will do and thank you!
Raptor Jesus
Report 10 months ago
We usually start earlier (last year I started in the last week of August) - it's just to do with the local lockdown, I think which is why they've pushed the start date back :confused:
well at least you have more time to prepare :afraid:
username4360318
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Will do and thank you!
btw I am in the same position as you I have my exams at the end of september . I am currently struggling with maths May I ask how you study maths ?
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Tag meee
Becca216
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chemist123)
btw I am in the same position as you I have my exams at the end of september . I am currently struggling with maths May I ask how you study maths ?
I just do practice questions after practice questions. If I find a topic I struggle on I will usually create some kind of revision aid - this could be a mind map of the different techniques (e.g. integration) or it could be a flash card with a step by step example. Hope this helps
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
good luck! excellent joke :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.62%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.62%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.73%
Financial worries (38)
6.47%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.79%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
10.05%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.01%

Watched Threads