Quacking the case to A*s - Y13 GYG 20/21

Watch
ymca_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Becca216)
Update #1 - One week until I go back to school (probably)!

So it's probably fair to say I am not as prepared for Y13 as I could be - I am not very confident on half of the Y12 content and my personal statement is nearly non existent. So I am going to spend my last week of summer trying to get as prepared as possible.

Today has started off good, I have finished all the compulsory Physics Summer work, which included a test that I got 92% on , but I am still a long way behind a have some Past Paper Questions to do for all my subjects alongside revision. So the next week ahead I am going to try and do 4 hours on each subject to help get me 'back on top'.

I am still unsure about when I am meant to be going into college (it's a very long story so if you are interested it's in the spoiler below), but currently I am due to start next Thursday (10th).
Spoiler:
Show
Sooooo the big complication with going back to college is that, last week when my headteacher sent an email out we were in a local lockdown, so the college decided they were going to spit the college in half by surnames and do it so half went in one week and half the next. Which is quite annoying really as most of my mates are in the other half of the year...But, as of Friday we have now come out of local lockdown (just about) so we are waiting to hear if anything is changing....now obviously it's been a bank holiday weekend which is why we haven't heard anything yet, but it is a nervous wait, hoping that I can go back full time - I'll keep you all updated.

So as a basic to do list, over the next week I am going to:
-Spend 8 hours on maths, which includes doing 3 Past papers and some integration revision
-Spend 4 hours on physics, mainly the past paper questions which we have been asked to do, but also some general revision if I get chance
-Spend 4 hours on geography, learning the key case studies from Y12;
-Start writing the first draft of my personal statement:poke:

PUN/JOKE TIME :woo:

If you have ever seen my blog you will know I love bad jokes/pun, so I am going to try and include one at the end of every update - just to try and spread a bit of happiness - they may be topical or they may be totally random

Why did the maths book look so sad when school started again?
Spoiler:
Show
Because it had so many problems...

Hope everyone has a good week and if you are heading back to school - stay safe! :hugs:

Tags (I have also tagged anyone who followed my last GYG, let me know if you want to be tagged in the future or not)

ohhh to be able to do as much work as you :lol:
Good luck with college
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
im heading into yr10 and im nervous...
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
im heading into yr10 and im nervous...
Enjoy year 10, it’s a nice year - you will have to learn all the content you are taught but it’s not as serious as Year 11. Make sure you get a good group of friends who aren’t going to fall out every 2 weeks and you will be fine If you need any particular advice feel free to ask.
StudentMania
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I am also doing maths and further maths, how are you finding them?

Tag me please
Becca216
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudentMania)
I am also doing maths and further maths, how are you finding them?

Tag me please
So I did all of maths in year 12 and then all of Further Maths in year 13

I found maths good, I found bits such as parts of integration, but I am really excited for next year

And yes I’ll tag you
clouddbubbles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
please tag me!!
Becca216
Rep:
?
(Original post by clouddbubbles)
please tag me!!

Will do!! :yep:
studyingpeach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Becca216)
Update #1 - One week until I go back to school (probably)!

So it's probably fair to say I am not as prepared for Y13 as I could be - I am not very confident on half of the Y12 content and my personal statement is nearly non existent. So I am going to spend my last week of summer trying to get as prepared as possible.

Today has started off good, I have finished all the compulsory Physics Summer work, which included a test that I got 92% on , but I am still a long way behind a have some Past Paper Questions to do for all my subjects alongside revision. So the next week ahead I am going to try and do 4 hours on each subject to help get me 'back on top'.

I am still unsure about when I am meant to be going into college (it's a very long story so if you are interested it's in the spoiler below), but currently I am due to start next Thursday (10th).
Spoiler:
Show
Sooooo the big complication with going back to college is that, last week when my headteacher sent an email out we were in a local lockdown, so the college decided they were going to spit the college in half by surnames and do it so half went in one week and half the next. Which is quite annoying really as most of my mates are in the other half of the year...But, as of Friday we have now come out of local lockdown (just about) so we are waiting to hear if anything is changing....now obviously it's been a bank holiday weekend which is why we haven't heard anything yet, but it is a nervous wait, hoping that I can go back full time - I'll keep you all updated.

So as a basic to do list, over the next week I am going to:
-Spend 8 hours on maths, which includes doing 3 Past papers and some integration revision
-Spend 4 hours on physics, mainly the past paper questions which we have been asked to do, but also some general revision if I get chance
-Spend 4 hours on geography, learning the key case studies from Y12;
-Start writing the first draft of my personal statement:poke:

PUN/JOKE TIME :woo:

If you have ever seen my blog you will know I love bad jokes/pun, so I am going to try and include one at the end of every update - just to try and spread a bit of happiness - they may be topical or they may be totally random

Why did the maths book look so sad when school started again?
Spoiler:
Show
Because it had so many problems...

Hope everyone has a good week and if you are heading back to school - stay safe! :hugs:

Tags (I have also tagged anyone who followed my last GYG, let me know if you want to be tagged in the future or not)

loved the pun and good luck with college! you'll hopefully get an idea of when you're starting soon
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Good Luck this year. Add me to tag list please
Becca216
Rep:
?
(Original post by jemima0103)
Good Luck this year. Add me to tag list please
You too! Will do
bookausten
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
ooh please tag me!! can't believe i haven't seen this before haha
Becca216
Rep:
?
Update 2: 3 days till I go back

So I have just received my timetable and some more information about going back so I thought I would do a little update
Usually, at my college, your timetable wont change between Y12 and 13 because of how the timetabling works, but I have been moved Maths/Further Maths classes which means mine has - there are positives and negatives to this. First of all the positive is that my timetable is now much nicer - I get to start late on Monday and finish earlier on a Friday. On the other hand, the negative is that my old maths/further maths class has been split up - I loved that class, they were one of the main reasons I stayed at college and managed to get through the first year The new class I am in - I know no one, and everyone in that class has had the last year to be able to get to know each other, I am trying to go in with a positive mindset - I'll let you know how it goes!

Timetable:
Spoiler:
Show
Further Maths (Pure) is blue
Further Maths (Applied) is purple
Physics is red
Geography is green
Yellow is break/lunch
Monday-Thursday we have 70 min long lessons, 20 min break and 1 hour lunch
Friday we have 60 min long lessons, 20 min break and 50 min lunch
Name:  Scan0002.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  277.7 KB

Secondly, we have been updated about the split (one week on, one week off) timetable as part of out local council areas have come out of lockdown - they are currently planning to do the split timetable for the first 2 weeks, just to get people back in and used to the new changes and also in hope that the areas that are still in local lockdown, come out.

My revision over the past few days has been good, I plan to continue that this week. I have also managed to meet up with some friends over the weekend, since my area is out of the local lockdown (eventually!).

I'll update this probably again on Friday with how my first day back went (Thursday).

Pun/Joke time :woo:
What do sheep like to do in the summer?
Spoiler:
Show
Have a baa-baa-que :lol:

Hope you all have a great week - best of luck to anyone starting school! :rave:

Tags (Y'all must be quackers)
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
it's a shame you've been split up from your old class hopefully there'll be people from the old class in the new class? late starts and early finishes sound lovely though :yep:
Becca216
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
it's a shame you've been split up from your old class hopefully there'll be people from the old class in the new class? late starts and early finishes sound lovely though :yep:
Unfortunately, I am the only one in my new class from my old class - there was 1 other person but they have since dropped further maths but I guess it will give me a chance to meet new people
sadforsadboys
Report 10 months ago
Please tag me - I'm super curious!
Becca216
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilynxlan)
Please tag me - I'm super curious!
Will do
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Love the pun:yy:
Glad you were able to meet up with some friends and hope you make new ones in your fm class!
procrastinatingb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
glad you managed to see some friends! hope it all goes well for you in maths
StudentMania
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I didn't seem to get a tag. Glad you managed to meet up with some friends
Becca216
Rep:
?
(Original post by procrastinatingb)
glad you managed to see some friends! hope it all goes well for you in maths
Thank you

(Original post by StudentMania)
I didn't seem to get a tag. Glad you managed to meet up with some friends
Oops, sorry, I forgot to add you to the OP, I’ll do it now :facepalm: and thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.63%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.77%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.26%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.63%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.29%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.75%
Financial worries (38)
6.48%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.1%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.8%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (58)
9.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.02%

Watched Threads