LimeElephant
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hi, Im doing national 5 english and Im in S4 so this is the first year Im going to be doing any exams. I was just wondering if anyone thats done nat 5 english has any tips or advice on how to memorise poem and scottish text quotes for use in the exam. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
mango35
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I'd recommend using quizlet for memorising quotes and analysis. There are loads of free, public sets where there are different options of studying them eg matchup and flashcards.I made mindmaps and posters then put them up in my room so I could look at them everyday. Doing past papers is really helpful, if possible see if your teacher can mark any work and this will give you some feedback.Good luck
LimeElephant
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mango35)
Hi, I'd recommend using quizlet for memorising quotes and analysis. There are loads of free, public sets where there are different options of studying them eg matchup and flashcards.I made mindmaps and posters then put them up in my room so I could look at them everyday. Doing past papers is really helpful, if possible see if your teacher can mark any work and this will give you some feedback.Good luck
Thank you
Advertisement
SchuylerSister22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LimeElephant)
hi, Im doing national 5 english and Im in S4 so this is the first year Im going to be doing any exams. I was just wondering if anyone thats done nat 5 english has any tips or advice on how to memorise poem and scottish text quotes for use in the exam. Thanks in advance
To remember my quotes I wrote them all on flashcards and stuck them around the house were I visited most, like next to light switches, plugs, the fridge etc, so then I'd be seeing them so much the quotes just stuck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (64)
27.83%
Less motivated (166)
72.17%

Watched Threads