German A-Level

Watch this thread
QuirkySquid
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone! In two days time I’m starting German at A-Level and am quite anxious. Have any of you done it before and got any tips? Is the jump from gcse to a level really big? I got a 6 at gcse. I absolutely love the subject but not sure if it’s perhaps too out of my depth? Any help much appreciated
Last edited by QuirkySquid; 1 year ago
loginrunner
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I did German at A Level, there is definitely a jump and it's a subject that will require a lot of work and effort outside of lessons, but I found it really enjoyable and if you enjoy learning German you shouldn't have much of a problem. Doing all the work set in class and reading German outside of lessons like german news sites helps a lot. I often would try translating random sentences in my head into German and if I couldn't I'd look up what the words are, helped me expand my vocab a lot.
QuirkySquid
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by loginrunner)
I did German at A Level, there is definitely a jump and it's a subject that will require a lot of work and effort outside of lessons, but I found it really enjoyable and if you enjoy learning German you shouldn't have much of a problem. Doing all the work set in class and reading German outside of lessons like german news sites helps a lot. I often would try translating random sentences in my head into German and if I couldn't I'd look up what the words are, helped me expand my vocab a lot.
Thank you so much! I absolutely loved learning it so so much. I’m not amazing at it, but I really really enjoyed it at gcse. I’ve been trying to expand my vocab over lockdown but I’ve still got quite a way to go. Thank you so much for your help and advice! Much appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (1)
50%
No (0)
0%
I didn't use it to prepare (1)
50%

Watched Threads