A Level Resit 2021 - Will it even happen?

Watch
herro123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Received my Alevels this year and would like to retake them in summer 2021
Financial Times are expecting there to be a second corona peak and ofqual have proposed ideas of the 2021 exams to be cut on content
What would this mean for private candidates wanting to resist a whole alevel they have gotten grades for

Unsure whether to resist or decline my clearing place
Mathu2001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by herro123)
Received my Alevels this year and would like to retake them in summer 2021
Financial Times are expecting there to be a second corona peak and ofqual have proposed ideas of the 2021 exams to be cut on content
What would this mean for private candidates wanting to resist a whole alevel they have gotten grades for

Unsure whether to resist or decline my clearing place
I am in the same position as you as well but i am planning to take one exam in the autumn and one in the summer because i just think i wont be able to do well in both subjects if i take it in the autumn . I just know i am going to rush and then not do well . I am really hoping for the summer 2021 exams to take place as i am relying on them for my chemistry grade .
herro123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Mathu2001)
I am in the same position as you as well but i am planning to take one exam in the autumn and one in the summer because i just think i wont be able to do well in both subjects if i take it in the autumn . I just know i am going to rush and then not do well . I am really hoping for the summer 2021 exams to take place as i am relying on them for my chemistry grade .
For me to sit these upcoming autumn exams are out of the picture aha so really need the 2021 exams to not be cancelled

Hope your autumn exams go well
Shshshsj
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by herro123)
For me to sit these upcoming autumn exams are out of the picture aha so really need the 2021 exams to not be cancelled

Hope your autumn exams go well
Same, I’m doing one in October and 2 in summer and the summer exams get cancelled I don’t know what I’d do!!!
username5386340
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Shshshsj)
Same, I’m doing one in October and 2 in summer and the summer exams get cancelled I don’t know what I’d do!!!
I'm in the same position.. Really really hoping they don't get cancelled
Anonymous.22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys
I’m hoping to sit one subject next summer chemistry hopefully
If a similar situation was to happen again what will happen to those who chose to sit the papers. They can’t be given CAGS right as they won’t be at college. What do you reckon will happen. Will we just be given the grades we received this year?
Also do we have to pay for these exams or will they be covered by the college and dfe?
Voxxia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm in the exact position. I read a news article earlier this month saying that they won't do the system they did this year as it was unfair and they didn't want to repeat the same mistake again.

If I remember correctly, apparently they were thinking of either allowing exams to be done online OR making many different extra exam papers in case a student fell sick with COVID and couldn't do an A-level Paper. When they've recovered, they should be able to complete a different A-level paper.
Anonymous.22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Voxxia)
I'm in the exact position. I read a news article earlier this month saying that they won't do the system they did this year as it was unfair and they didn't want to repeat the same mistake again.

If I remember correctly, apparently they were thinking of either allowing exams to be done online OR making many different extra exam papers in case a student fell sick with COVID and couldn't do an A-level Paper. When they've recovered, they should be able to complete a different A-level paper.
Yeah I doubt a similar situation will happen again but tbh I wouldn’t be surprised with the amount of u turns this year
I read just now Scotland is scrapping some exams for 2021 🥺not 100% sure if it’s true

What’s your situation like you resitting just one paper and will be be going uni next year???
username5386340
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

I really hope they don't use CAG'S or something similar again.. Online exams would be fine.. At this point we just need clarity
username5386340
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous.22)
Hi guys
I’m hoping to sit one subject next summer chemistry hopefully
If a similar situation was to happen again what will happen to those who chose to sit the papers. They can’t be given CAGS right as they won’t be at college. What do you reckon will happen. Will we just be given the grades we received this year?
Also do we have to pay for these exams or will they be covered by the college and dfe?
I honestly don't have a clue.. They changed their minds so many times this year I'm preparing for the worst
Voxxia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous.22)
What’s your situation like you resitting just one paper and will be be going uni next year???
I'm resitting all of my papers :') If I get the right results I'll either enter via clearing for 2021 entry or enter normally for 2022 entry. Wbu??
Shshshsj
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm resitting all of my papers :') If I get the right results I'll either enter via clearing for 2021 entry or enter normally for 2022 entry. Wbu??
Good luck !! r you enrolled somewhere or doing it independently
Voxxia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shshshsj)
Good luck !! r you enrolled somewhere or doing it independently
hehe thank you :') I'm studying independently and I'm going to do the exams in the summer in my school as a private candidate if that's what you meant
username5386340
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hehe thank you :') I'm studying independently and I'm going to do the exams in the summer in my school as a private candidate if that's what you meant
Will you be given a grade if they're cancelled next year?
Voxxia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lookingzar)
Will you be given a grade if they're cancelled next year?
ahaaahhh nopeeeee,, just depends on the government tbh. But I doubt it'll be ever cancelled.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (529)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (643)
41.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (316)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.62%

Watched Threads