lunathefighter
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
im looking to do a degree in social work or criminology - but is it possible for me to pick psychology (a-level), sociology (a-level) and health and social case (btec level 3) ?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lunathefighter)
im looking to do a degree in social work or criminology - but is it possible for me to pick psychology (a-level), sociology (a-level) and health and social case (btec level 3) ?
Yes it is fine. Always check v the entrance requirements on your target firm.
Hi Luca
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's a lot of work. Why not just do a single A-level? There is no point doing the equivalent of 5 A-levels
Cheesecake04
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would check with your college as most of them don't allow you to mix together A levels and vocational awards/btecs.
PastaMilk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So long as the BTEC is an extended certificate (1 a level) or a diploma (2 a levels)
If it's an extended diploma (3 a levels) then that's too much
lunathefighter
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
it’s a subsidiary diploma which is worth one a level. (health and social care). my school allows me to do all three but i’m not sure about the work load
PastaMilk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The workload should be fine. You may even be able to finish your subsidiary diploma early to give you more time to focus on your other 2 a levels vs other people who'll be worrying about 3
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah should be fine, generally you want your quals to add up to 3 alevel equivalents which yours do. (should in theory be equivalent in workload to 3 alevels which is the standard so not out of the ordinary)
Last edited by _gcx; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (24)
23.76%
No (77)
76.24%

Watched Threads