The Student Room Group

Tuition for A level?

I was just wondering is tuition at A level really worth it? I'm thinking of taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths next year.
Thanks
Personally I believe that A levels are worth it, especially if you want to go to university, as they provide a deeper understanding of future jobs, courses and industries. They are also a good qualification to have!
I suppose that depends on whether you need extra tuition or not - I took the same A Levels (+ AS physics) and I didn’t need extra tuition, neither did anyone I know who took the same subjects.
The official text books, specifications, past papers and school teaching was sufficient imo, but obviously see how it goes for you first and then come to a decision.
Just make sure for biology you DONT learn EVERYTHING. I used tailored tutors for biology and they really made me see just how much effort I was wasting with biology learning all the extra stuff I didnt need to get marks. I never used the textbook just TT and my revision guide.

For maths just use jack brown - www.tlmaths.com and examsolutions and you will get an A* easily

Quick Reply

Latest