SensibleNames
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey, I am in my second year of A-Levels and aspire to be a trader for a large investment bank e.g goldman sachs. I have read that I have to join as a first year analyst then will progress as the bank gains my trust. What would be the average salary of a first year analyst and a second year including bonuses ?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
more for M&A but still your thread reminded me of this
JohnnyHK
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SensibleNames)
Hey, I am in my second year of A-Levels and aspire to be a trader for a large investment bank e.g goldman sachs. I have read that I have to join as a first year analyst then will progress as the bank gains my trust. What would be the average salary of a first year analyst and a second year including bonuses ?
It's likely you'd be in training for those first 2 years. You'd start on maybe 35-40k base then in year 2 maybe 45-50k. Bonuses are very company specific. For juniours the Americans pay bigger bonuses - Brits next, then European/Aussies and finally the Asians.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SensibleNames)
(Original post by JohnnyHK)
x
as a 1st year analyst you'll be on £45-55k base, and you can expect upto a 50% bonus usually (discretionary).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (55)
13.82%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (53)
13.32%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (152)
38.19%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (42)
10.55%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (75)
18.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.28%

Watched Threads