Stem subjects?

Watch this thread
cynia
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, is SOCIOLOGY a STEM subject?
I checked on a few websites and on some sociology is listed as STEM and on others it's NOT ...
KaptainCliff
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't say so, no. Why does it matter though?
MikeyV77
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
STEM stands for Science, Engineering, Technology and Maths.

In those terms, usually STEM is more related to very technical, factual, mathsy and sciency course (if that makes sense). Basically if a course can have to some extent science or maths in it it can be considered STEM (by science I mean the classic trio of Biology, Chemistry and Physics)

Sociology is a bit ambiguous but personally, I'd generally put it under the humanities subjects. It's more closely related to philosophy.
cynia
Rep:
(Original post by KaptainCliff)
I wouldn't say so, no. Why does it matter though?

Got to do maths activities before my course

I finished maths GCSE so I assume I'll be doing the gcse activities?

Choose your pathway

There are three different pathways available. Please choose the one that is relevant to you. If you are joining a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) course and have an A-level in mathematics please choose the STEM A-Level pathway. If you are joining a STEM course and have mathematics up to GSCE please choose the STEM GCSE pathway. If you are joining any other course (non STEM) please choose the Non STEM subjects pathway.
cynia
Rep:
Oh right Thank You, well I have to do maths activities before my course

I finished maths GCSE so I assume I'll be doing the gcse activities?

Choose your pathway

There are three different pathways available. Please choose the one that is relevant to you. If you are joining a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) course and have an A-level in mathematics please choose the STEM A-Level pathway. If you are joining a STEM course and have mathematics up to GSCE please choose the STEM GCSE pathway. If you are joining any other course (non STEM) please choose the Non STEM subjects pathway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (30)
23.26%
The paper was reasonable (60)
46.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (26)
20.16%
It was TERRIBLE (13)
10.08%

Watched Threads