The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

What happens if i cancel my accommodation offer

Exeter uni
Original post by Oscar1425
Exeter uni

Then the university will cancel your accomodation. Most universities have a non-refundable deposit that you pay, and so if you have paid for this already, I am afraid you are not going to be able to get this back (subject to the university's terms and conditions).
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Oscar1425
Exeter uni

Hi @Oscar1425,

This will depend on the contract agreement that you have entered into, so you do need to make sure you fully understand the cancellation and termination policy before you accept the contract.

Remember that applying for accommodation is different from securing accommodation and it is important to understand the point at which you will have entered into a legally binding contract.

If you are allocated to University of Exeter accommodation in Exeter, the Accommodation Term & Conditions Section 6 explains our policy on termination of the contract. If you decide not to (or are unable to) register for your academic course you are able to be released from your contract and we would ask that you contact us as soon as you make your decision so we can process your request. If you do register for your course starting in September/October then you will be committed to the contract that you have with us.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending