Im confused, would i lose marks here and how do I know what to round to?

Watch
Sonderistic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I had a question while revising a physics past paper, that required me to use an equation to work out the answer. I calculated the answer and wrote it down and round it to 6 decimal places. I checked the mark scheme, and it says that the answer was 0.18 (I put 0.180142) It doesn't elaborate in the question on how many decimal places I should round to, nor if I got my answer incorrect in the final answer. Did I get this question wrong? If so, how do I know in the future what to round to?
Attached files

mmm. donuts.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sonderistic)
I had a question while revising a physics past paper, that required me to use an equation to work out the answer. I calculated the answer and wrote it down and round it to 6 decimal places. I checked the mark scheme, and it says that the answer was 0.18 (I put 0.180142) It doesn't elaborate in the question on how many decimal places I should round to, nor if I got my answer incorrect in the final answer. Did I get this question wrong? If so, how do I know in the future what to round to?
Just write everything that it shows on the calculator display or do it to 2d.p.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sonderistic)
What did the instructions say on the front of the exam paper? You shouldn't give answers to 6dp as the numbers you were given to divide are not accurate to that.

You should work to the accuracy the exam paper or spec tells you ...
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (0)
0%
No (1)
100%

Watched Threads