Merseyside Police Degree Holder Entry Programme 2020: Online Assessment.

Watch
JohnathanPM
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello!

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the Merseyside Police DHEP? I applied on the 15th April 2020 and got sifted through shortly after.

The only communication I've had from Merseyside Police is the change to "Await ONLINE Assessment". If anyone else has applied I'd also like to know if you have heard anything about dates for assessment and even little tips if anyone has done theirs!

All the best,
Johnathan.
Soptre
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JohnathanPM)
Hello!

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the Merseyside Police DHEP? I applied on the 15th April 2020 and got sifted through shortly after.

The only communication I've had from Merseyside Police is the change to "Await ONLINE Assessment". If anyone else has applied I'd also like to know if you have heard anything about dates for assessment and even little tips if anyone has done theirs!

All the best,
Johnathan.
Hi!

I’ve noticed a few people are still awaiting their assessment stage.

I’m currently awaiting my medical invitation so I’ve done online assessment, final interview and fitness test. For the online assessment I’d recommend really looking into the CVF and studying what each competency and value mean and connecting them to events that have happened in your life. Also look into the role of police officers in Merseyside, what they typically facts (look at the crime stats) and how they react to different crimes like ASB and organised crimes. If you’re worrying about not receiving the online assessment yet, it might be worth just giving recruitment a quick email/call. Good luck with your application!
thinblueline455
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Soptre)
Hi!

I’ve noticed a few people are still awaiting their assessment stage - there’s a group on FB called Bluelight Recruitment and on there there’s a link to a WhatsApp group for Merseyside applicants

I’m currently awaiting my medical invitation so I’ve done online assessment, final interview and fitness test. For the online assessment I’d recommend really looking into the CVF and studying what each competency and value mean and connecting them to events that have happened in your life. Also look into the role of police officers in Merseyside, what they typically facts (look at the crime stats) and how they react to different crimes like ASB and organised crimes. If you’re worrying about not receiving the online assessment yet, it might be worth just giving recruitment a quick email/call. Good luck with your application!
Hi Soptre,
I am currently in the process with Merseyside and awaiting results from final interview, and I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering for me?
When did you apply?
How long after Final interview was the fitness test?
Have you had biometric test done yet?
Did you apply for the DHEP or PCDA?
Have you been given any potential start date?

Thanks in advance.
Soptre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thinblueline455)
Hi Soptre,
I am currently in the process with Merseyside and awaiting results from final interview, and I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering for me?
When did you apply?
How long after Final interview was the fitness test?
Have you had biometric test done yet?
Did you apply for the DHEP or PCDA?
Have you been given any potential start date?

Thanks in advance.
Hi!

I applied for thE DHEP around April, I think it was the day of the deadline.

I had my interview for the force on the August the 20th and received my invite to the fitness test on Monday.There were a few options for dates so two weeks or three in advance for the fitness but I just wanted to get mine out of the way. A lot of the invites seem to get sent out on a Monday, so I’m hoping to get my invite to the medical today!

No biometrics yet but hopefully it’ll be soon. In regards to the start dates I think they’re Feb, July and November 2021 but I could be a little bit off with those dates
thinblueline455
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi!

I applied for thE DHEP around April, I think it was the day of the deadline.

I had my interview for the force on the August the 20th and received my invite to the fitness test on Monday.There were a few options for dates so two weeks or three in advance for the fitness but I just wanted to get mine out of the way. A lot of the invites seem to get sent out on a Monday, so I’m hoping to get my invite to the medical today!

No biometrics yet but hopefully it’ll be soon. In regards to the start dates I think they’re Feb, July and November 2021 but I could be a little bit off with those dates
Thank you, good luck with the rest of the process
Soptre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you, good luck with the rest of the process
You too!
JohnathanPM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi!

I’ve noticed a few people are still awaiting their assessment stage.

Thank you for your feedback! I've been revising the CVF for months now, feel like it's instilled into me reading it over again whilst I've been waiting!

I did not want to bother them due to their email stating to specifically refrain from contacting them due to the amount of people that were. However, I ended up emailing a few days ago to no reply. I might give recruitment a call like you suggest to see what the update is.

All the best and I'm glad to see you progressed!
thinblueline455
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You too!
Finally found out I’ve passed my interview, have you heard anything else?
thinblueline455
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JohnathanPM)
Thank you for your feedback! I've been revising the CVF for months now, feel like it's instilled into me reading it over again whilst I've been waiting!

I did not want to bother them due to their email stating to specifically refrain from contacting them due to the amount of people that were. However, I ended up emailing a few days ago to no reply. I might give recruitment a call like you suggest to see what the update is.

All the best and I'm glad to see you progressed!
Have you had any updates yet mate?
JohnathanPM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Have you had any updates yet mate?
Nothing yet pal, I rang up and they just said what I already knew - first come first serve. They have hundreds of applicants so it's just a case of getting dates from the College of Policing and then they forward it on.

However, I applied for West Midlands' DHEP scheme and done a values based questionnaire today which I think went well. They seem to be on the ball with it a lot more, but they are the second biggest police force in England to be fair.
JohnathanPM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Finally found out I’ve passed my interview, have you heard anything else?
...and congratulations! Well done!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed