which is harder?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by royalty1702)
which is harder?
There is no "US driving test" - each state has their own. In California, the hardest bit was reversing in a straight line. I wish I was joking - people still fail.

I've not heard of a hard driving test in the US. You can also take your test in an automatic, without your license being limited to them. In California, you can get your provisional license at 15 1/2, and your full at 16 (some age-related restrictions).
Last edited by RogerOxon; 9 months ago
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I think it's well known where US drivers who move to the UK, have a hard time getting their licence. The theory and practical is harder supposedly. Plus the UK is a lot more stricter surrounding speeding and other offences
royalty1702
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Joshkav)
I think it's well known where US drivers who move to the UK, have a hard time getting their licence. The theory and practical is harder supposedly. Plus the UK is a lot more stricter surrounding speeding and other offences
does that explain why you can get a license at the age of 16 in the US? And it seems many people do get it at that age
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
does that explain why you can get a license at the age of 16 in the US? And it seems many people do get it at that age
I'm almost certain that learning to drive and getting your licence is part of the education system over there. So is part of high school and is a subject that they must complete
royalty1702
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Joshkav)
I'm almost certain that learning to drive and getting your licence is part of the education system over there. So is part of high school and is a subject that they must complete
oh wow ok.
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
oh wow ok.
Some states in the US allow you to get your licence when your 14, but varies by state.

The test for the UK is proven to be one of the hardest but safest for teaching drivers, as the UK is one of the safest countries in the world for accidents with fatalities. Plus UK roads are busier, smaller and narrower than US roads, which makes them more dangerous when driving. Plus in the UK, you have speed cameras on most roads, which makes roads safer as people are likely to speed less.
Last edited by Joshkav; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (52)
27.81%
No (135)
72.19%

Watched Threads