The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else received an email regarding fee status? I am from the UK and have been my whole life. Was this sent to everyone, I am confused!
Original post by dentdentdent2021
Has anyone else received an email regarding fee status? I am from the UK and have been my whole life. Was this sent to everyone, I am confused!

Yep, I think they sent it to everyone because I got it too :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Yep, I think they sent it to everyone because I got it too :smile:

Do u know when they start giving interviews?
Original post by omach
Do u know when they start giving interviews?

I got an email from them saying that they will hand out interviews mid-Dec, with the actual interviews being in January over the course of 3-4 days. on zoom
Reply 5
Original post by dentdentdent2021
I got an email from them saying that they will hand out interviews mid-Dec, with the actual interviews being in January over the course of 3-4 days. on zoom

Ah yes thank you :smile: X
Howdy,

not sure if this has already been made but I couldn't see it anywhere

Anyone had an interview yet?
yes, if you go onto the main dentistry 2021 thread and search up "barts", you'll find that people have had interview invitations, but im not sure if they've had the actual interview yet
Original post by dentist2trappy
Howdy,

This is the main thread for Barts 2021 entry, although you’ll probably get more answers to your question if you post in the applicant thread as it’s more active: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6192178
Original post by Mesopotamian.
This is the main thread for Barts 2021 entry, although you’ll probably get more answers to your question if you post in the applicant thread as it’s more active: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6192178

cheers fella
Original post by dentist2trappy
Howdy,

i have an interview on Tuesday - so nervous
Original post by morrisah03
i have an interview on Tuesday - so nervous

good luck let us know how it goessss
congrats on getting an interview and good luck
just a reminder that Barts tries to evaluate these specific characters in the interview (well that's what they said on the website, anyone please correct me if I'm wrong):

1) motivation and realistic approach to dentistry as a career
2) show initiative, resilience and maturity
4) work well as part of a team
5) be well organised and demonstrate problem solving abilities
6) likely contribution to university life
7) communicate effectively in a wide range of situations

I'm think questions will be like showing your understanding that dentistry can be stressful and then how would you try to deal with it ( I think giving examples of how you've done that in real life) or for the contribution one you might talk about how you currently contribute in your current or previous school.
sorry if this isn't much help I too am an applicant.

but good luck to everyone
(edited 3 years ago)
Anyone had their interview yet? How was it?
Original post by Anonymous6403

if you go over to the official dentistry 2021 applicants thread some people were discussing it, I don't know how to link it but its recent on there. they said that the interviews were nice and not to worry. but check it out yourself too.

It’s actually really nice . The interviewers are friendly and it really just seems like a conversation
what is the course structure?? pbl or integrated
How did people find the interviews?
Original post by dent0202
what is the course structure?? pbl or integrated

its mainly traditional lectures in first year with some SBL which is scenario based learning. You basically build you foundations in year 1 learning about biochem and I think some anatomy lectures. They have an integrated approach in teaching. i think in second year they learn and practise clinical skills on phantom heads and get to shadow doctors at Newham general hospital and by the end of second year get to see real patients. That's generally what i researched and I'm not a student there (hopefully soon) so you might just want to check all of that or find something specific to you? hope that helps :smile:
How did people find the interviews?

i actually found it quite calm and conversational - it was over really quick. Obviously I cant say what the questions were but I feel like my answers were very general and not very specific . But yeah, I feel like the interview wasn't bad but I ended the call feeling there was so much more i could've said/expanded on. But i did answer everything and there weren't any silences which is good aswell :smile: hbu?
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest