The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pickeldonion
Ohh, I see. Have you looked at the Barts prices for accommodation? Flower House is pretty cheap and reasonable given the location. But honestly, if there's a way that is feasible for you to study in London I would recommend it without a doubt

Definitely leaning towards Barts. Thanks for your help. :smile:
Also where is everyone thinking about accommodation??
Original post by esmee12
i emailed them on the 12th for feedback and still no reply

which e-mail did you send your request to pls?

[email protected]
hi, is this the official 2021 barts dentistry offer holder page?

hey they emailed me back saying enquiries for interview scores means you have to send emails to [email protected] and not the normal email - you also have to attach a photo of passport/drivers licence as proof of identity - hope that helps :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by esmee12
hey they emailed me back saying enquiries for interview scores means you have to send emails to [email protected] and not the normal email - you also have to attach a photo of passport/drivers licence as proof of identity - hope that helps :smile:

yh I emailed this one and they sent me my interview score this morning
Reply 127
Has anybody who has applied for accommodation at barts heard back or received any confirmation?
Reply 128
Does anyone know whether we’ll be given the hepatitis B vaccine for free from the uni or whether we’ll be required to get them ourselves?
Reply 129
Has anyone who’s been waitlisted by Barts been given an offer yet?
Original post by dentg
Does anyone know whether we’ll be given the hepatitis B vaccine for free from the uni or whether we’ll be required to get them ourselves?

The uni gives it to you for free.
Hi just wanna ask about the email sent with the topic 'Your University. Your experience'. Do only offer holders get it or do all applicants get it? Also does anyone know the interview cutoff scores for both international and home students?
Does anyone who’s received feedback from queens barts and got rejected/offers what their score was. I want to try and figure out the cut off point for where offers and rejections are
Original post by Dent297
Does anyone who’s received feedback from queens barts and got rejected/offers what their score was. I want to try and figure out the cut off point for where offers and rejections are

you can email them asking what the cut off was I think it was 56 or 57 this year
Yeah they said 58 out of 60!! That’s so ridiculously harsh In my opinion!
Reply 135
Original post by Dent297
Yeah they said 58 out of 60!! That’s so ridiculously harsh In my opinion!

I was told the cut-off score was 58.5 for graduates and 47 for school leavers.
So if I was a school leavers I’d have got in?? So unfair :frown:

Original post by hemani
I was told the cut-off score was 58.5 for graduates and 47 for school leavers.
Original post by Dent297
So if I was a school leavers I’d have got in?? So unfair :frown:

It’s because there’s about ~7 graduate spaces per cohort for an intake of ~71 so the competition is fiercely greater, which is saying something given that undergrad dentistry is competitive as it is.
anyone who is an offer holder could you please give me some tips on the interview that you think went well for you. I think ill take a gap year and reapply. I need some advice on interview bcz that's why I didn't get an offer. thank you
Original post by HaruhiSuoh
anyone who is an offer holder could you please give me some tips on the interview that you think went well for you. I think ill take a gap year and reapply. I need some advice on interview bcz that's why I didn't get an offer. thank you

Hey,
my main tips for interview would be to make sure you're prepared, practice putting yourself in an interview environment and to make sure on the day you're relaxed and confident!

To prepare, you should look at common stations that come up and make sure you would be able to carry out these stations well.
This website might help: https://www.medicmind.co.uk/dentistry-interview-questions/

Let me know if you have any other questions about applying :smile:

Numra
Year 3 Dental Student
Medic Mind

Latest