action123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi
I'm going to year 11 and have been doing some research into sixth forms/colleges such as Dr Challoner's, Woodhouse etc
Are there any good sixth forms which you would recommend, preferably in north west London and areas outside (eg South Hetfordshire)?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by action123; 10 months ago
RD_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I’ve heard good things about Bishop Stopford’s School Sixth Form
action123
Rep:
?
(Original post by RD_)
I’ve heard good things about Bishop Stopford’s School Sixth Form
Okay. Thanks
X.243llie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
wjat about north west my school is amazing. public school. its got such helpful and lovely teachers who look out for you and they acctually teach you even the assistant head finds time to help us if its not lesson. its rated outstanding on ofsted. the students are lovely except a few but there the overall minority. its called haydon and this year it was like 70% got into university and 24% got i to a russel group and 1 into cambridge. and the year before that ive heard also did extremely well when getting into top universitjes. its in the bourough of hillingdon and is in northwood/ruislip and very near watford and rickmansworth. depends where in north londo you live but if you live nearer west say harrow then its a very good sixth form to consider. i am going into year 11 but i really enjoy it there
Last edited by X.243llie; 10 months ago
action123
Rep:
?
Thank you When you say wjat, which school do you mean?
X.24Ellie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by action123)
Thank you When you say wjat, which school do you mean?
it was meant to be what (new account the other broke)
action123
Rep:
?
ahhh okay. Thank you
LUPINRED
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Bishop Douglass in East Finchley is quite good.
umair288
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi
I'm going to year 11 and have been doing some research into sixth forms/colleges such as Dr Challoner's, Woodhouse etc
Are there any good sixth forms which you would recommend, preferably in north west London and areas outside (eg South Hetfordshire)?

Thanks in advance
I currently attend Dr Challoner's Grammar School and I would like to say that it is an amazing school. Every aspect of the school's community is great and the teachers and students were very welcoming.
action123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by umair288)
I currently attend Dr Challoner's Grammar School and I would like to say that it is an amazing school. Every aspect of the school's community is great and the teachers and students were very welcoming.
Ah Yes! I've applied there. Not sure if I'll get in though
What grades do external students usually get ( for the conditional offer) ?
umair288
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah Yes! I've applied there. Not sure if I'll get in though
What grades do external students usually get ( for the conditional offer) ?
For external students, the grades are generally quite high. First off, the school mainly accepts girls as it's an all boys schools before 6th form. The minimum requirement for external students is 64 I believe but I'm not 100% certain and most people who get meet the requirement do get a conditional offer. The conditional offer is usually just the schools subject requirements for the subjects you are applying for which can be found on the website and 6th form prospectus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
9.02%
No I am happy with my choice (74)
55.64%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.77%

Watched Threads