Balli12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi there, an advice or any kind of help would be appreciate; I am starting Physician Associate course in september however still unsure of the funding. anybody have got any experience where to apply for funding or any help towards funding please? Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Balli12)
Hi there, an advice or any kind of help would be appreciate; I am starting Physician Associate course in september however still unsure of the funding. anybody have got any experience where to apply for funding or any help towards funding please? Thanks
Hi, please confirm the university name and your previous study/qualifications.
Thanks, Isaac
St George's, University of London
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Balli12)
Hi Balli12,

First of all - Congratulations on getting on the Physician Associate course!

I am a second-year student studying the PA course at St. George's, University of London.
In terms of funding, there is the postgraduate loan you can apply for on the Student Finance England website. You could be eligible to £11,222 if your course starts on or after 1 August 2020.
I took the postgraduate loan and it was split over 2 years and paid in 3 terms so for me it was September, January and April. That helped with tuition.
In terms of other grants and bursaries, I would definitely contact your university finance office and request for 'the alternative guide to postgraduate funding' pdf. They also have a website - https://www.postgraduate-funding.com.
This booklet has lots of charities that you can apply for and it can be based on background country or a borough you live in or just pure interest in a certain subject. It's worth a look. You could find a copy on google but it may be out-of-date.
Your university may already have grants, bursaries and scholarships so it's worth doing research into the university finance section and finding out what they offer.

Lastly, I'd advise to save up money and keep a zero-hour contract job on the side whenever you get a chance to work.
The course is really intense at times but if you keep up the work, it's possible to do a couple of shifts throughout the year. I was able to have 2-3 zero-hour contract jobs as a receptionist, student ambassador at my university and a charity administrator. It was jobs that helped me pay for travel, bills, food and one-off nights out! I would work maybe 2 shifts a month and not work at all during the exam period. My university friends had jobs like being a waiter, bank staff at a hospital as a healthcare assistant and bartender at the Student Union.

I hope that has helped answer your question! Best of luck on your Physician Associate Course!

Kind regards,
Priya Desai

Y2 Physician Associate Student
Official Student Rep of St. George's, University of London
Last edited by St George's, University of London; 4 months ago
tluwlse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, did you sort out the funding problems you had?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (434)
56.14%
I don't have everything I need (339)
43.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed