Driving in box junction, new driver.

Watch
TheDE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That isn't a no right turn sign, a no right turn sign is a legal standard and it's a right turn arrow against a white background with a red circle and red line across it. It is also on the incorrect side of the traffic light to apply to right turns. This looks more like a green light to turn left except for busses, which when not illuminated would be completely black
Attached files
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheDE)
That isn't a no right turn sign, a no right turn sign is a legal standard and it's a right turn arrow against a white background with a red circle and red line across it. It is also on the incorrect side of the traffic light to apply to right turns. This looks more like a green light to turn left except for busses, which when not illuminated would be completely black
Don't look at the OPs photos - look at Streetview yourself at the other side of the road. The traffic light is identical to what you've just shared.
TheDE
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That doesn't mean people can't turn right from this side though, I expect it's just denoting that busses are exempt from red light conditions and it's probably only used at certain times of day. There's no illuminated sign for no right turning
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheDE)
That doesn't mean people can't turn right from this side though, I expect it's just denoting that busses are exempt from red light conditions and it's probably only used at certain times of day. There's no illuminated sign for no right turning
When I say the other side of the road, I'm referring to the signal on the far side of the junction but still facing where the OP was, not the opposite stream of traffic.
TheDE
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
When I say the other side of the road, I'm referring to the signal on the far side of the junction but still facing where the OP was, not the opposite stream of traffic.
So it is! Weird London, and it looks like one that illuminates, you'd have to know whether it was illuminated or not at the time. I suspect it applies to certain times of day like rush hour. I'm so glad I don't work in London 😂

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/...tive-1-5615046

There's an example of one here- I have never seen a part time no right turn before in my life.
Last edited by TheDE; 3 weeks ago
Arkansas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Football199)
Was I allowed to turn right here?
Highway Code Rule 174. You may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Arkansas)
Highway Code Rule 174. You may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right.
Read the thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (71)
28.98%
Less motivated (174)
71.02%

Watched Threads