?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Not sure myself as well, just asking for opinions
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I really dont know much about Essex but realistically they are similar standard universities. Ask yourself which course suits you better and where you would prefer to study. How far or close to home do you want to be.

What I can tell you is that the campus from Swansea is over the road from the beach and about 2 miles out of the city centre. It is housed in a huge park.

I doubt anyone will have any real experience of both. You need to make the decision on what suits you better.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Jusxusfanatic)
Not sure myself as well, just asking for opinions
Could you not break down the most important factors for a uni for you and compare the pros and cons of each?
Course, city, facilities, cost of living etc.
Is this for 2020 or 2021? If its 2021 then go to an open day or check if they have virtual ones.
I think it makes no difference, which one you go to , although where you are the happiest might improve performance.
Swansea University Colleges
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi there,

My name's Jess and I'm from the School of Law at Swansea University Have you ever visited Swansea before? As those mention in the chain above, we're a coastal university, and Law is housed on our Singleton Park Campus - this page on our website is really great for learning more about the campus and life in Swansea - https://www.swansea.ac.uk/study/why-study-in-Swansea/

We offer several LLB programmes at Swansea: www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/law/ - are any of the below of particular interest to you, or would you be looking at studying the single hons LLB? It's worth noting that all of our LLB Law programmes will provide you with a comprehensive grounding in the seven areas covered by a qualifying law degree; Contract Law, Criminal Law, Land Law, Equity and Trusts, EU Law, Law of Tort and Public Law.

- LLB Single Honours Law
- LLB Law (Crime and Criminal Justice)
- LLB Business Law
- LLB Senior Status Degree
- LLB Law with Criminology

We’ve recently expanded into a new building on Singleton Park Campus, which houses new facilities, including a purpose built Law Clinic, two mock courts, and modern student and social spaces.

In terms of rankings, Law at Swansea is ranked Top 10 in the UK for overall satisfaction (NSS 2020), and the university as a whole is ranked 6th in the UK for student satisfaction (NSS 2020). The School prides itself on offering a great student experience, supporting students throughout their studies.

Similarly, we ensure that students have numerous opportunities to enhance their practical skills, particularly through work placements opportunities.
We have a Director of Employability for the school who works with a team of colleagues to help provide outstanding support for students. As a university, we are UK Top 5 for Career Prospects (Guardian University League Table 2020) – joint with Cambridge, out of 121 UK Universities. Our Head of School, Professor Elwen Evans QC, is a practicing QC, and as she herself balances academia with professional practice, she has ensured that this is instilled in our school’s ethos and students’ opportunities. I'd be more than happy to provide you with more details on this if of use.

As those above mention, if you haven't already done so, I'd recommend signing up for one of our upcoming Open Days, too! https://www.swansea.ac.uk/open-days/

That's just a short overview of studying Law at Swansea . Any other questions, don't hesitate to get in touch. I'd be really happy to help! You're very welcome to email me on [email protected] with any specific questions.

Really hope this helps!

Jess

master1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
For the LLB course
I think Essex is known to have a better law course than Swansea. Don't really know much about Swansea but they are other universities like, Leicester, Kent, Reading, Sussex still offering which are better than both for their LLB than these two
Cute Kawaii
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Swansea or Essex for law?
Both of the unis are fairly similar in terms of reputation. They both have a gold TEF. But Swansea has better graduate prospects apparently and in league tables, it can be higher for law. Also, I personally like Swansea as a city, much less crime there. Although, they're both quite small cities. Swansea is near the sea if u like that. And Essex is near bigger cities. Swansea is cheaper I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise