Lioneep
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I’m considering this programme and I wonder is it renowned in London? Or will it help me to find a finance or consulting related job in London?
aaaa666
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Lioneep)
I’m considering this programme and I wonder is it renowned in London? Or will it help me to find a finance or consulting related job in London?
Hi, Queen mary is not a target or even a semi target really. Furthermore the course only requires a 2:2 and charges nearly 21K, seems like a bit of a money grab to me to be honest. What was your undergrad score? You'll probably be better off doing a masters from Warwick, Exeter or Bristol etc.
Lioneep
Rep:
?
I don’t think I can reach 2:1, maybe close but I’m almost certain that I cannot reach it. I’m also considering Exeter and confused about which is better in this field, from a career perspective. Are there lots of good companies holding recruiting fairs in Exeter?
aaaa666
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I don’t think I can reach 2:1, maybe close but I’m almost certain that I cannot reach it. I’m also considering Exeter and confused about which is better in this field, from a career perspective. Are there lots of good companies holding recruiting fairs in Exeter?
I would say Exeter is better, definitely more of a semi target. My friend went there, loads of investment banks and consultancies visited often, in my internship class there were 2 from exeter and none from queen mary. One advantage of Queen mary though is it's location. Also I know league tables aren't everything but they are an indicator, Exeter is 12th Queen mary is 35th on the complete university guide. What Exeter course were you considering? Overall I would go for Exeter, the courses are also cheaper.
Lioneep
Rep:
?
For Exeter is Finance and Management, still a 2:2 requirement programme I guess. I’m confused more about the QS rankings because Queen Mary ranked better. And what about Newcastle?
aaaa666
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
For Exeter is Finance and Management, still a 2:2 requirement programme I guess. I’m confused more about the QS rankings because Queen Mary ranked better. And what about Newcastle?
Look at the modules in both the course, they are 2 different courses and see which you prefer, for non-banking finance roles both courses will be good enough, Exeter's course is far cheaper (around 6 grand cheaper).
Lioneep
Rep:
?
I saw the difference but I’m thinking that if QMUL is not renowned enough then even I study corporate finance thing I still couldn’t be able to get into a good company to do the relative work as you said QMUL is not a target school. So both pathways are okay cause what I’m concerned most is employment. Confused...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.33%
Uncertainty around my education (63)
11.58%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (65)
11.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (71)
13.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (30)
5.51%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (25)
4.6%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (57)
10.48%
Financial worries (34)
6.25%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (21)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.25%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.76%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (55)
10.11%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (45)
8.27%

Watched Threads