Serpentbleu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am thinking about retaking year 12 for a few reasons:
I was predicted AAB in AS (quarantine And my mental health really affected my grades tbh) but I need a prediction of A*AA So if I retake I feel like I would have an advantage and more time to perfect my grades. I also want to change one of my subjects because I realise it is not for me and the thought of doing it for another year sucks. My only question is, does this affect applying to uni? I want to apply to Russel group universities primarily, but I heard some universities don’t allow this? Which ones don’t and how can I bypass this? Considered doing a gap year but I really don’t want to go forward with these predicted grades and a subject I dislike.

Many thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Serpentbleu)
I am thinking about retaking year 12 for a few reasons:
I was predicted AAB in AS (quarantine And my mental health really affected my grades tbh) but I need a prediction of A*AA So if I retake I feel like I would have an advantage and more time to perfect my grades. I also want to change one of my subjects because I realise it is not for me and the thought of doing it for another year sucks. My only question is, does this affect applying to uni? I want to apply to Russel group universities primarily, but I heard some universities don’t allow this? Which ones don’t and how can I bypass this? Considered doing a gap year but I really don’t want to go forward with these predicted grades and a subject I dislike.

Many thanks
Whether to retake year 12 or not will be influenced by your school and whether they are willing to let you redo year 12.
Unis make up their own policy on resits, some RGs wont mind and others will, so its up to you to id the uni you are interested in and their policy on resits. It may differ from course to course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
30.97%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.45%

Watched Threads