Anonymus12⁰
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, i am currently going into my second year at college doing A level Maths, A level Geography and a 60 Credit BTEC Business diploma(because i dropped Biology for this as it was way to hard). I really wanna go to Uni to study Accounting and Finance but i dont even know if any Unis will accept this combination of subjects. My teachers told me this BTEC is equivalent to an A level and is worth the same ammount of UCAS points but im still scared that i wont get in as they might choose someone with 3 A level. My questions are:
Do you know anyone in the same situation as me that got into Uni?
Are my subjects good enough for studying accounting and finance at uni?
And the last question which is not really relevant to any of this but: can i get living cost and live with other students in dorms or whatever if i am from another country? I lived in the UK for 3 years now and it will be 4 when i apply for Uni so i was just wondering if they do that for non English citizen students. Thx in advance.
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymus12⁰)
Hi, i am currently going into my second year at college doing A level Maths, A level Geography and a 60 Credit BTEC Business diploma(because i dropped Biology for this as it was way to hard). I really wanna go to Uni to study Accounting and Finance but i dont even know if any Unis will accept this combination of subjects. My teachers told me this BTEC is equivalent to an A level and is worth the same ammount of UCAS points but im still scared that i wont get in as they might choose someone with 3 A level. My questions are:
Do you know anyone in the same situation as me that got into Uni?
Are my subjects good enough for studying accounting and finance at uni?
And the last question which is not really relevant to any of this but: can i get living cost and live with other students in dorms or whatever if i am from another country? I lived in the UK for 3 years now and it will be 4 when i apply for Uni so i was just wondering if they do that for non English citizen students. Thx in advance.
There is no harm contacting universities prior to applying and ask if they would consider someone with your mix of qualifications I am not sure about the finance issue but perhaps someone else can help you there.
MmStudent64
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys,

This is super confusing but I’m a private candidate and just completed my BTEC but I have been told my work needs to get moderated

I met the conditions of my offer but what happens if my work gets marked down when I’m at uni, will I get kicked off the course as I no longer meet the conditions of my offer?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most Unis will accept a combination of BTECs and A levels, but each might treat them differently or have a slightly different sytem of equivalent grades.

Best thing to do is email each Uni you are interested in, giving them full details of your GCSEs/grades, and then your current A levels and BTEC, and ask 'is this okay for admission to ..... course, and what grade would you expect in the BTEC?'.

Here is the info about BTECs from the Uni of Bristol website - http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...ications/#btec
Other Unis may have this info on their website, or you may have to email them.
If you aren't 'sure' from the published info, always email and check.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads