The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Which areas of Aberdeen should I avoud living In?

Greetings evrtybody, i want to ask which are the best areas for foreign students to live in Aberdeen?I wanted to ask as well is the year gonna be online?In an e-mail i received from RGU they talked about on-campus teaching with digital delivery of lectures but last friday i heard on the news that there was a suggestion for online studying in universities and colleges.What should i do?I would be very grateful jf someone could contact me and help me out.Thank you in advance!
Hi,

I am a student at RGU so I hope I can assist :smile:

The uni will mostly be conducting lectures online until semester 2 - with small labs & tutorials be held on campus, typically once a week. The amount of on campus time depends on the course and school you are apart and the course you are studying - a general indication is between 3-8 hours per week. The area you live in depends on whether you want to live in halls or private accommodation - halls are slightly more expensive. If you are interested in halls contact the accommodation team ASAP - as rooms fill quickly. Most areas have decent bus links between the uni - on the 1-2 buses.

I hope this helps, and DM me for any more queries.
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Reply 2
hi! if you’re attending RGU i suggest either broomhill/holburn, mannofield, or airyhall. note: i would highly recommend avoiding kincorth (and torry but it’s quite far away anyway)
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey!

Student Roost on Pittodrie Street has got a great deal on! If you book before 31st Jan you will receive a £250 discount on your rent!

Don’t worry if you don’t book before the 31st! Student Roost offers plenty of other rewards for booking! ☺️

They are a quick bus ride from the University and have great public transport to the surrounding shops! Only a 15min walk to the city centre!

They are very accommodating and house students from all over the world so it is very easy to make new friends! They have private study rooms that can be used for online University work, private cinema rooms and lots of common areas to meet new friends!

Use this code while booking:RAF520766

Quick Reply

Latest