Crapaud8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm going into my second year of university for a four year course. I'm doing a year abroad in my third year of an Economics degree and I'm looking to do a summer internship between my second and third year.
However, many summer internships in banking and consultancy require you to be in your penultimate year.
Is there any way of getting around this? Can I still apply to these internships? Should I look for internships which don't require you to be in your penultimate year? Has anyone been in the same situation as me and what was your experience?
Many Thanks
Jono0812
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It depends really - if you're 100% doing an industrial placement then apply for spring weeks this year, and then you apply for Sa positions in the year in industry. Some banks don't mind (think Pimco for example don't specify which year).

I'm in similar position - am considering year in industry but my logic is if I get a SA position this year, I won't be doing year in industry. If I don't get one, then i'll take industry year and it gives me another chance next summer.

so for my applications i'm presuming i'm graduating in 2022.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (34)
21.25%
No (126)
78.75%

Watched Threads