The Student Room Group

Getting A*AA Wattever it takes! A Y13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lemur14
No idea, I sat new spec so while I can kind of translate C1-C4 to topics, the further pure modules were too muddled to ever think about :lol: I'm sure I'll figure it out when my sister wants help next year :rofl: Though some of the stuff she's doing is definitely off spec (she's same exam board as me suddenly using terms I've never heard of) so who knows haha

Ahhh okay!
Further maths is enough as it is without going off the spec :headfire:
Original post by laurawatt
Ahhh okay!
Further maths is enough as it is without going off the spec :headfire:

What I'm trying to work out is if the teacher is doing it deliberately or is completely unaware :lol: They don't often have a FM class there (there's 2 in their class this year, and I don't think there's any in the year above), so it could be by accident! It's not something that looks beyond FM difficulty so who knows...
18/4/21

Well hello everyone :headfire: thought I'd revive the blog :colondollar:
Wow, November was a while ago, happy christmas, happy new year, happy easter, ramadan mubarak :yeah:

So some updates since Nov:
> Rejected from Ox pre-interview (I got my MAT score back in January and that's definitely the reason oops, fine in a normal year but the average score was 13 points higher than last year :giggle:)
> I'm now an adult :eek:
> Handed in my EPQ :jive:
> Firmed my university choice (for maths!)
> Started to learn dutch on duolingo, only to stop a month later :laugh:
> Painting! will attach a pic below :proud:
> we have mini exams to provide evidence for our final a-level grades, I have 15 in total (5 for each subject)

Maths:
Feeling fairly confident, we're being told the topics beforehand and the way they've split them up makes the exams a lot more manageable :rave:

Further Maths:
eek, we've had our first exam which I thought went well, but it all gets harder from here! Next exam is all of discrete/decision which I love so revising it shouldn't be as time-consuming as further mechanics which I'm dreading lol

Geography:
Fingers crossed :crossedf: I just need to work on my essay technique so I can score in band 4 every time now :lol: I'm very out of practice writing essays haha
Oh and I handed in my geography NEA and got some lovely feedback from my teachers (they can't give a score though)

EPQ:
done and dusted, but we won't know the grade until results day aaaaaaa

I've done a couple of work experiences during the easter hols which have been pretty interesting - based around the technology/finance sectors :biggrin: I really should have done more work/revision though which I'm slightly regretting now :colondollar:
Not going to lie, I've not been feeling great recently, but hopefully the routine of school will help put me back on track :smile:

Back to school tomorrow :ahhhhh: I have 2 exams on Friday (maths and geog), and then basically 2 exams every Friday until half term with a few dotted around midweek too so it'll be quite full on but hopefully all worth it in around a month (we'll get a massive summer holiday!) We're not getting any marks or grades back for these exams though which is slightly terrifying but hopefully everything works out :h:

Pictures from the last 4 months!

How have you all been doing? Do you prefer the sun or the snow? Also is anyone watching Line of Duty or Taskmaster atm :headfire:
Hope you're doing okay :grouphugs: Keep smiling!
let me know if you want to be added/taken off the tag list :grin:

Spoiler

15 exams! They'd better be mini.
Pity about the MAT, I guess there must have been a lot of people reapplying?

Sun is more practical in day-to-day activities, but I always get excited when snow is forecast.
Here to support you all the way :hugs:

Try to take it one day at a time and don't stress too much - you have more opportunity to show you are working at top grades this year.

You can do this ...
You've done so much these past few months, so proud of you! Eeek about becoming an adult though :eek: (Persephone will no doubt keep calling you Young Laura, despite said adulthood :teehee: )

OMG, that sounds very intense with the exam schedule. Praying for you and always here for you if you need to vent (even if I don't understand mathsy stuff :ninja: ) I think it's good to have done some work experience-y stuff alongside revision. Too much revision makes one's head explode! :eek:

Don't worry about Oxford/MAT result at all: their loss is some other uni's great gain :yep:

Loving the painting. And the cookies, obviously :teeth: Sunsets are good for the soul.

We're with you all the way :jumphug:
cookies look lush!! good luck with maths,,, with you all the way!! where did you end up firming?
yay hello!!

i am watching taskmaster... mike’s my favourite this series :gah:

where have you firmed?
taskmaster's been great hasn't it :love: i love mike and lee :grin:
15 exams is a lot, i hope they're very small!! gl, i'm sure you'll smash them :rave:
jane's patisserie recipes are always very good :smile:
10/8/21

Hello lovelies! I think 2 updates in 8 months is a new personal record for me :flute:

Anyway it's A-level results day today so I thought I'd share what I got to round off the blog :rave:

Huge congrats to anyone receiving results over the next 2 days, it's been such a weird 1.5 years and you're all superstars for making it through :biggrin: Also a reminder that success is relative to each person's goals and aspirations, don't forget it! :yes:

Onto the results I guess :lol:, after Track crashing a few times I managed to log in before going to collect my grades in-person, so I saw that I'd been accepted into my firm! (Notts)

Spoiler

Absolutely over the moon :yep: especially with EPQ, that was the bane of my life for several months :colonhash:
Again, massive well done to everyone getting results, and thank you all for reading my sporadic updates since Y10 :eek: :giggle: Undecided as to whether I'll do a blog next year :ahee:

Also I'll probably change my username some time in the next few weeks, how do you feel about 'Laura the Explorer'? :ninja:

Keep smiling :heart: :grouphugs:

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
congratulations laura! so very well deserved :hugs:
Well done for the results.... yeah, the anticipation was a nightmare.

Laura the Explorer is a good one :rofl:
Also looks like you got more than A* A A with wattever it took :yep:
(edited 2 years ago)
Congrats! :woo: Those are amazing - proud of you! :jumphug:
Big congrats on your results! :hugs:
Massive well done!! I’m off to Notts too (but I’ll be on a different campus and start my course in April so no real chance of seeing you :lol: )
What about 'Watt Nott'

Really pleased to see those Maths grades :hugs:
Congratulations :yay:
Outstanding results: well done, my lovely! :biggrin: :king1: :kissing2: :awesome: :yeah: :danceboy: :pierre: :cool: :smug:

YAY for Notts :woo: My younger sister went there. Such a massive green campus :love:

EDIT: Laura the Explorer does make me chuckle! :teehee:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by laurawatt
18/4/21

Hello lovelies! I think 2 updates in 8 months is a new personal record for me :flute:

Anyway it's A-level results day today so I thought I'd share what I got to round off the blog :rave:

Huge congrats to anyone receiving results over the next 2 days, it's been such a weird 1.5 years and you're all superstars for making it through :biggrin: Also a reminder that success is relative to each person's goals and aspirations, don't forget it! :yes:

Onto the results I guess :lol:, after Track crashing a few times I managed to log in before going to collect my grades in-person, so I saw that I'd been accepted into my firm! (Notts)

Spoiler

Absolutely over the moon :yep: especially with EPQ, that was the bane of my life for several months :colonhash:
Again, massive well done to everyone getting results, and thank you all for reading my sporadic updates since Y10 :eek: :giggle: Undecided as to whether I'll do a blog next year :ahee:

Also I'll probably change my username some time in the next few weeks, how do you feel about 'Laura the Explorer'? :ninja:

Keep smiling :heart: :grouphugs:

Spoiler

no laura explorer is good idea:smile: laura is a hard name to pun:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending