The Student Room Group

Do I need Math?

I want to do psychology so I plan on doing A-Levels in Psychology, Sociology, and English. I don't know about math. I'm thinking about maths because I don't know if I want a BA or a BSc yet. Does that make sense? I have 3 days, Help! lol
I dont think maths will help you tbh but idk
Original post by Bhudram Singh
I want to do psychology so I plan on doing A-Levels in Psychology, Sociology, and English. I don't know about math. I'm thinking about maths because I don't know if I want a BA or a BSc yet. Does that make sense? I have 3 days, Help! lol

Which one would you swap for Maths?
Original post by Muttley79
Which one would you swap for Maths?

none. I'm going to do 4 IF its necessary
You don't need an a level in maths to do BSc Psychology. (Maybe certain unis would? Most don't though.) A lot of unis will say they require at least one science a level, and they class psychology as a science so you're fine there. What's your maths GCSE grade? Some unis will require a 5 and others a 6.
I'm currently doing BSc Psychology and I did psychology, sociology and history at a level and got a 5 in GCSE maths.

Don't even bother looking at BA Psychology, is my advice.
Reply 5
Original post by Bhudram Singh
none. I'm going to do 4 IF its necessary

Do not do 4 unless you are doing Maths & FM (and that's definitely not needed to study Psychology).
For a top Uni, you usually need GCSE Maths (or equivalent) at a sensible grade for Psychology.

Don't do 4 A levels. No Uni will give you extra credit for this - and AAA will always look better than ABBB.

Quick Reply

Latest